Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in and read the latest from Chrysler.

The new Chrysler 200

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 10:02 AM

I can tell you one thing, don't buy one with Goodyear tires! My wife leased one in May after driving one and falling in love with it. It is not a re badged Sebring, that is for sure. She traded her 300C in after driving one, said it rode very nicely. They find her the color she wants and off she goes, shuddering down the road. Two dealers and 15 tires later (Goodyear even upgraded the tires to Comfort Treads), the car still shudders at speed. Wheel bearings replaced, "the engineers are working on this one", "there is nothing wrong with the car, you're crazy" and a lot of other poop. Still shudders. The second dealer pulled a set of 17" tires and rims from another car which were not Goodyears and the car rode like a flying carpet. They are real nice cars but they don't seem to like Goodyear tires.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by 392HEMI
I can tell you one thing, don't buy one with Goodyear tires! My wife leased one in May after driving one and falling in love with it. It is not a re badged Sebring, that is for sure. She traded her 300C in after driving one, said it rode very nicely. They find her the color she wants and off she goes, shuddering down the road. Two dealers and 15 tires later (Goodyear even upgraded the tires to Comfort Treads), the car still shudders at speed. Wheel bearings replaced, "the engineers are working on this one", "there is nothing wrong with the car, you're crazy" and a lot of other poop. Still shudders. The second dealer pulled a set of 17" tires and rims from another car which were not Goodyears and the car rode like a flying carpet. They are real nice cars but they don't seem to like Goodyear tires.
Interesting.

I have one (with 12K on it) with 18" rims and the stock goodyears and it rides excellent.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by conversion02
Interesting.

I have one (with 12K on it) with 18" rims and the stock goodyears and it rides excellent.
Being that the poster had a lease car, I doubt the tires ever got rotated which would explain their issues. People tend to think leases absolve them from doing anything to the car other than @ss and gas...lol. I have driven them several times and really like them. No, they are not a rebadged Sebring.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:27 PM

I recently purchased a 2012 Chrysler 200 Limited v6. Blackberry Pearl with black leather interior. Fully loaded minus the boston acustic speakers. Rides on the goodyear tires and its as smooth as can be. A much better ride than my previous 2007 Impala SS. It is definitely not a rebadged Sebring, similar profile but totally refined inside and out. Not a bad job for the time they spent on it. Hopefully they will spend more time on the 2nd gen and make it more like a baby 300. RWD or AWD, paddle shifters, and a few other tweeks.

This is my first Chrysler product, usually more of a Ford guy. BUT for the money you cant beat what is offered with the 200.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by 200Limitedv6
I recently purchased a 2012 Chrysler 200 Limited v6. Blackberry Pearl with black leather interior. Fully loaded minus the boston acustic speakers. Rides on the goodyear tires and its as smooth as can be. A much better ride than my previous 2007 Impala SS. It is definitely not a rebadged Sebring, similar profile but totally refined inside and out. Not a bad job for the time they spent on it. Hopefully they will spend more time on the 2nd gen and make it more like a baby 300. RWD or AWD, paddle shifters, and a few other tweeks.

This is my first Chrysler product, usually more of a Ford guy. BUT for the money you cant beat what is offered with the 200.
I've taken a couple rentals on road trips. They are a sweet ride. Most of my driving of the new stock is less than 10 miles.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Default Gas mileage on 200

I recently purchased a new 4cylinder 6spd auto Chrysler 200 Limited. So far I love it! One thing I am disappointed in is the gas mileage I am getting. It is rated to 31 highway. I would at least expext to see 27 or 28. So far I am only getting around 23 Hwy. I have also calculated it manually along with digital estimate. Is everyone else getting the same or better??

Old 03-21-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Susan L. Larson
I recently purchased a new 4cylinder 6spd auto Chrysler 200 Limited. So far I love it! One thing I am disappointed in is the gas mileage I am getting. It is rated to 31 highway. I would at least expext to see 27 or 28. So far I am only getting around 23 Hwy. I have also calculated it manually along with digital estimate. Is everyone else getting the same or better??
Highway I have seen as high as 35 mpg.. With mixed use I have been seeing 25+mpg consistantly. And I have the v6 limited 200.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by 200Limitedv6
Highway I have seen as high as 35 mpg.. With mixed use I have been seeing 25+mpg consistantly. And I have the v6 limited 200.
The Pentastar engine is going to be replacing all of the V-6 CHrysler engines. Good MPGs in all the applications. Haven't heard any feedback on MPG in the Jeep Wranglers yet though.