Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

2011 300 Limited - ABS Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2024, 08:46 AM
Default 2011 300 Limited - ABS Troubleshooting

I have a 2011 300 Limited with a lot of annoying issues I'm trying to resolve as a very inexperienced weekend warrior mechanic (parasitic draw on the fuel door circuit, struggling to remove a seized O2 sensor, intermittent AC, coolant leak, loose trim piece, etc.).

My top priority is resolving an intermittent ABS problem, with the following observations:
  • ABS, Brake, and Traction Control dash lights: These will all illuminate simultaneously when driving the car, however they are very inconsistent. Sometimes, they will turn on as soon as the car starts moving, sometimes I can take the car on 2-3 mile trips and they won't show.
  • I get the following codes:
    • C2200-49 (Active)
    • C006A-49 (Stored)
    • C212A-16 (Stored)
    • U0002-88 (Stored)
  • C2200-49 is an internal fault of the ABS module. Most of the research I've seen has indicated that this should be replaced. I'd like to replace with a used module but this will require re-initializing with a compatible scan tool (something like an Autel Mk808bt). Other options are to install the module myself and pay a shop to reinitialize, or I can send in my existing module to be refurbished.
  • I don't know if the active C2200 code is related to the stored codes.
Here are my questions:
  • Everything I've read about the module being bad results in very consistent dash lights (usually turning on once the car is above 15mph). Could this indicate something other than a bad module (intermittent connection, wheel speed sensor, etc.)?
  • Is there a less-expensive scan tool that can do the ABS module initialization? Maybe something less than $200?
  • About 5 weeks ago, I replaced the stock plastic oil cooler with an aftermarket aluminum cooler to address an oil leak. Because I'm an idiot and tend to rush jobs, I neglected to drain the oil first before removing the existing cooler. This caused a significant spill of oil into the engine bay (but not onto the ABS module/pump). It was soon after this that the ABS dash lights started coming on, though. Could this have done something to cause the issue in the first place?

Old 09-04-2024, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by dmccarter3
I have a 2011 300 Limited with a lot of annoying issues I'm trying to resolve as a very inexperienced weekend warrior mechanic (parasitic draw on the fuel door circuit, struggling to remove a seized O2 sensor, intermittent AC, coolant leak, loose trim piece, etc.).

My top priority is resolving an intermittent ABS problem, with the following observations:
  • ABS, Brake, and Traction Control dash lights: These will all illuminate simultaneously when driving the car, however they are very inconsistent. Sometimes, they will turn on as soon as the car starts moving, sometimes I can take the car on 2-3 mile trips and they won't show.
  • I get the following codes:
    • C2200-49 (Active)
    • C006A-49 (Stored)
    • C212A-16 (Stored)
    • U0002-88 (Stored)
  • C2200-49 is an internal fault of the ABS module. Most of the research I've seen has indicated that this should be replaced. I'd like to replace with a used module but this will require re-initializing with a compatible scan tool (something like an Autel Mk808bt). Other options are to install the module myself and pay a shop to reinitialize, or I can send in my existing module to be refurbished.
  • I don't know if the active C2200 code is related to the stored codes.
Here are my questions:
  • Everything I've read about the module being bad results in very consistent dash lights (usually turning on once the car is above 15mph). Could this indicate something other than a bad module (intermittent connection, wheel speed sensor, etc.)?
  • Is there a less-expensive scan tool that can do the ABS module initialization? Maybe something less than $200?
  • About 5 weeks ago, I replaced the stock plastic oil cooler with an aftermarket aluminum cooler to address an oil leak. Because I'm an idiot and tend to rush jobs, I neglected to drain the oil first before removing the existing cooler. This caused a significant spill of oil into the engine bay (but not onto the ABS module/pump). It was soon after this that the ABS dash lights started coming on, though. Could this have done something to cause the issue in the first place?
Got the same model same issue inconsistent abs/esp/brake light how did you resolve This Issue ?