Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Low Fuel Warning Coming on Way Too Soon?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Default Low Fuel Warning Coming on Way Too Soon?

I'm just on my 3rd tank of gas in my new Aspen, but I've noticed a trend that's starting to develop. The low fuel indicator seems to come up when i still have 6 gallons of gas left in my tank, which seems very premature. Is anyone else noticing this? It wouldn't be as big of an issue for me if the overhead console showed the estimated number of miles left on the tank, rather than a generic "low fuel" message. I traded a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee in on the Aspen. The Jeep would tell me how many miles I had left on a tank, even after the low fuel indicator light came on. I drove it down to 0 miles several times and never had a problem. However, the indicator typically came on when i had about 2 gallons of gas left in the tank.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks.

Jason

Old 03-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Low Fuel Warning Coming on Way Too Soon?

i looked for tech tips and tsb nothing out there just yet now that does not mean that there wont be but for now no.
Take it to the dealer and see what they will do I would say a level unit installed

Old 04-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

That would be your best bet. But at least you have an indicator, my car will run out offuel and leave your @ss stranded if you aren't paying attention to gauges

Old 04-14-2007, 02:06 AM

Thanks for the tip. I just hit my first oil change interval, so I'll be sure to mention this issue when I take it in. The Aspen has been great so far. The only issue I'm running into is with the remote start. I negotiated one in at the time of Purchase (nearly 2 months ago) and was told it would be installed once it was available. The person in the parts department has twice now told me that there was a recal on the remote starts, which is why they havent called yet. When I asked why they had cars on the lot that came with it from the factory (and were still out there) she didn't have an answer.

I'm hoping to have this resolved soon, as it's starting to become annoying. Worst case, I guess I can get UConnect installed instead. My fiance has integrated bluetooth on our new G35 and I love it (not the mention the rear backup camera).

Jason