Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Overheating?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:06 AM

It is also known that radiators get a lot of debris and restricts air flow. Try using a garden hose and rinse it down.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:06 PM

Sorry Guys I thought I was posting my own post..Lol that's funny i was looking for the post and couldn't find it the next day..

Old 05-10-2020, 04:54 PM
Default aspen overheating

[QUOTE=kakoem;9454]I live in the Texas valley and it gets really hot here. I have noticed that when I am stopped in the sun for a while the needle passes the middle on the temp gauge. When it does that, the air is no longer cold and as soon as I start driving the motor sounds very accelerated and very sluggish. As soon as the needle gets back to the middle or lower, it drivesfine. Anyone else? The airis not so good when it is standing still in the sun. What is up with that?I love my Aspen, but I need good air down here in Texas. Someone please HELP!![/QUOTE
i have been frustrated with this same experience for awhile. Right out of the service manual chrysler recommends to put vehicle in park and accelerate rpm and hold for a few seconds and wait for temp to go back down. this tells me there is a circulation problem or the fans do not cool vehicle efficiently from the factory. i was wondering if anyone had a update with a fix for this problem . i put the bigger fan clutch from a durango on mine and that seems to help a little bit by bring temp down lower while driving and at a stop it takes longer to creep up .. any feed back on how problem was fixed would be awesome