Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

04 Pacifica P0700, P0755 nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019 | 10:46 AM
|
Default 04 Pacifica P0700, P0755 nightmare

Need help please! I have an 04 Pacifica, AWD right at 100k miles, been a great car. Recently got an p0700 and p0755 while driving, got the car back to the shop and read these codes. Got to reading about them and there is a TSB 21-001-04 that explains replacing the PCM on this particular year model, but the date of the pcm does not fall under it. So I cleared the p0755 code and it drove for another week with no problems then it happened again. Since the PCM did not fall under the dates of the TSB, I went a head and replaced the solenoid pack. Once replaced, the car shifted much differently and better. I put about 10 miles on it, then it happened again. I cleared the codes again for the second time after pack replacement and so far it has been ok, but I suspect it will happen again soon. I am contemplating replacing the PCM ($300 purchase), but before I do, I am desperately reaching out to see if any one has any other recommendations or knowledge on this issue?

Another note: The TSB PCM dates are H2313 and H2393, Mine is H0903, the only common denominator is the "H", which means the PCM was manufactured in Huntsville.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-05-2019 | 06:50 AM
|

Resolved, replace the PCM with a programmed to VIN PCM, everything worked great until car died with an "Immobilizer" message. It reset it self in about 3 or 4 min., then drove the car for about another 50 miles then it happened again stranding my daughter. Car got towed to Chrysler dealer. I think all they want to do is take my money, they can't find out what is wrong with it and told me the PCM is bad. I have talked to a guy that can program the SKREEM and SKIM and says that should take care of the issue. Any Comments?

Old 11-05-2019 | 07:17 PM

I am by no means an expert, but I did a ton of research on how the whole system works.
I'm pretty sure that the PCM not only has to have the VIN programmed in, but it has to be programmed to recognize all of the individual modules that the vehicle has in order for it all to work as intended.
Someone else may have more information for you.
Like I said, I'm no expert but I have a feeling that the PCM isn't recognizing the SKREEM and is activating the Immobilizer.
I wish you luck, these things are over-engineered beyond belief.
Also check the battery terminals to make sure they're clean, plus there are 3 major ground terminals directly under the battery that can get severely corroded and cause really weird stuff to happen.
These things are really fussy about proper voltage and good grounds.

Last edited by That Jeep Guy; 11-05-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-06-2019 | 06:26 AM
|

Thanks Jeep Guy, now that I am going through this, I am learning quite a bit. I had the car towed to dealer...they called me and said the PCM was no good and there was nothing they could do about it (I call BS on that). I think they took me for a ride and wanted the quick money for the diagnosis. When I sent the tow truck driver over there to pick it up, he informed me that it never moved from the spot he left it. So I had it towed to a local auto shop that I was referred to. They seem to be extremely knowledgeable and they have all the computers and software to reprogram any make or model. They will be working on it today, and I hope to get it back on the road. I will post an update after it's all done as a learning tool for anyone else having these issues.

Regards,
Powerpak