Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

07 Pacifica Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Default 07 Pacifica Issues

This is my first post. I've had all kinds of issues with my Pacifica. If anyone has any suggestions about any of these topics let me know.

1. I have got a horrible rubbing, squeak, grind coming from the driver's side front. Only happens when turning right after vehicle has been driven and warm. Dealer never can duplicate. Gets worse and worse.
2. I too have the transmission clunk from 2nd to 3rd and again gets worse and worse.
3. Have a squeak / rubbing when reversing from a parked position.
4. This is an annoying one. The headlamps, high beams and interior lights will flicker and dim randomly. the interior lights will intensify for a few second and then return to normal. Dealer says it's normal. I think it's BS.
5. Dealer performed a brake inspection and now have to depress brake to floor to get vehicle to stop. Again apparently a normal condition.
6. I have a wicked rattle in the dashboard at highway speeds.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Default RE: 07 Pacifica Issues

First of all find yourself another dealer who gives you the time of day. As far as the transmission clunk is concerned the 07's are known for this problem and it probably needs a new torque converter which should be under warranty. The squeak in the front end could be that you need to re-torque the front hubs. I think it may be in your manual otherwise send me your email and I will send you a PDF explaining how to do it. I'm not sure about the flickering lights and rattle in the dash. If you find a dealer who has a good service department they should be able to help you on these points.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Default RE: 07 Pacifica Issues

I have a 2007 Pacifica AWD with some of the same issues...Had tourqe conv.replaced @8500 mi.
I had that same sound when going in reverse from a parked position with 500 miles...never did find
cause...maybe tourqe convertor?? Who know's??...Also, had a clunking between 2 & 3rd periodically.
although that went away.

Just had back in shop with 10500 mi with the same "shuddering" between 20 - 40 mph - although not nearly
as bad as first go around. They did something with tranny fluid?? I hate to say it, but my dealer $uck$.
My LAST CHRYSLER...too bad, because as far as eye appeal & styling goes, I think they are the best of American
automakers. Should have never left GM & my Avalanche & GMC Sierra.

Only 2 more years on lease & it's someone else's problem.[:-]