Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004 Pacifica Issue, Please help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Default 2004 Pacifica Issue, Please help me!!!

Hello All,
I am new to this forum so please take it easy on me if I sound stupid on this post. I am having some problems on my 04 Pacifica. It as a vacuum leak that you can actually hear when you open the hood. I tracked it down by listening and feeling around. I figured it out to be around a part that I am not 100 % what it is. I was needing help to figure out what it is. That way I know what I would be getting myself into if I go to fix it myself. Anyway, it is a square part that has a straight piece (Black Plastic) that runs up under the plastic towards top, right side of the motor, if you are looking at it from the front of the vehicle. It is located on the back, right side of the motor, more towards the top. I found that the piece that runs under the plastic actually moves back and forth on like a pivot on the side of the square part that I am trying to figure out. I traced the vacuum leak to the other end of the rod or plastic shaft that runs up under the plastic on top of the motor. I have not actually taken all the plastic off the top of the motor to see if I can get to this end that is leaking. I just felt around it and you can hear the vacuum leak change sounds. Also, when you rotate the plastic piece back and forth it changes how it idles. If you move it in one direction it also makes like a clanking sounds. This vacuum leak makes the idle sporadic when just siting and idling. It also can get so bad it makes the motor die. It used to do it just every now and then, but recently it is all the time. If someone could please help me. I am sorry for the long post and sorry if it sounds confusing but I am really lost on this. Thanks for any help I may get.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:59 PM

I am new to this forum so please take it easy on me if I sound stupid on this post.
Damn Newbies....

Anyway......Welcome, and the only stupid question is the one that you didnt ask.

What you are describing is a "Runner Valve"...Which Engine are we discussing ????

Before you plunk down your hard earned cash....Take apart what needs to be removed to VERIFY where the leak is. That is probably it, But there are other things in the area that can leak. PLENUMS are PLASTIC, and can break just as easily as anything else , so Make sure of what youre replacing and why.... Ive seen my fair share of leaking "PIVOT BUSHINGS" which require the plenum to be replaced.....So get it right ...this stuff aint cheap enough to go guessing.

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 05-12-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Default 3.5l

Hello Thanks,
It has a 3.5L in it. Does this sound like something that would leak or is common to leak on this model? If so you think it would be hard to change out myself and what does something like this usually cost? Sorry for so many questions! I really do appreciate all the help you can give!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 PM

Also, what part am I looking for exactly if I am having to replace this, runner valve? I will take the plastic apart and get down to it to confirm it, but I am 99% sure this is what is causing all the problems.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:20 PM

Does this sound like something that would leak or is common to leak on this model?
Yes, absolutely....But as I said, there are other things there that can leak as well.

Now, There appears to be 2 of them, One is a Manifold Tuning Valve, the other is a short runner valve.... Best guess, they would both be in the neighborhood of 165$ each.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

"Anyway......Welcome, and the only stupid question is the one that you didnt ask."

not true how about this one?

QUESTION: I bought an a/c switch off eBay. I have no idea where it goes. I am mechanically inclined. The nomenclature is: switch interrupter commutator. The part number is20925. It is manufactured by 4 seasons out of Lewisville, TX

I have no idea where this goes. The problem originally was the a/c is not kicking on. I hotwired the a/c to the battery and it worked fine. I assume the problem is in the harness somewhere. There are no codes that come up.

You can email me direct if you wish.

ANSWER: first of all what kinda car is this
second why did u buy something that u are simply guessing at and then dont even know where or what it is?

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: why do find it necessary to be a ****ing *****?

ANSWER: ask me another stupid question then U will see me bring a *****
hope U find what ever it is u are looking for

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: **** you. get the **** off the panel if you cannot be a professional. and learn the context of the english language.
Answer: what kinda name is MARVIN Marvin the martin
have fun my ac works good and yours?

Old 05-12-2011, 09:41 PM

And of course you deleted it...... Damn.... Our Tax dollars hard at work......??? Why do we even have SCHOOLS????
The sad part is...He probably put a 3000 dollar boombox stereo in the car and forgot to plug the switch panel back in....Which raises the stupid question of how can you afford a 3000 dollar stereo , when you have no common sense, or ability to think...
Cmon KEVIN, get with the program.......Whats wrong with you.....???You can fix a 60,000 dollar automobile, but you cant Fix STUPID?????

Anyway.....
Is this what youre looking at????

Short runner Valve

If thats it...Then You need to look VERY carefully at the Pivot bushings on the plenum.......

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 05-12-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:53 PM

Yes, That is exactly what I have been looking at....The leak is on the other end of the plastic piece that runs towards the front of the motor off the SRV....Where do you buy these parts from? I have been searching on the web and can't find them anywhere....You have been a huge help!!! Thanks Again

Old 05-12-2011, 09:54 PM

A wee bit of a Trick, that the Djinn will now impart to you.....

Grab a roll of duct tape, and an assistant who smokes. Remove the air cleaner lid and hose, and cover the throttle body throat with tape. Pick a Vacuum hose on the intake. and remove the "OTHER END"...(Brake Booster hose works well).

Now...blow smoke into the intake, and see where it comes out.....Where the smoke exits, is where the vacuum enters.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:56 PM

Where do you buy these parts from?
Quite possibly a complete plenum.....either way...DEALER ONLY...

Quick Reply: 2004 Pacifica Issue, Please help me!!!