Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 Pacifica Replace Radio or iPod input?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Default 2005 Pacifica Replace Radio or iPod input?

I am looking for a method to play my iPod through my Pacifica speakers. I am using an fm transmitter, but the quality is not good and reception sometimes fails.

I am hoping for either a way to plug the iPod in to the factory system, OR information on how to replace the factory system. I already have a single height 'mp3' radio with an input jack for an iPod. However, doing a little research, it looks like it is not easy, due to the factory amplifier and the feature where the radio stays on when the key is turned off.

I also have the 6 disc dvd changer.

Thanks!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Default mp3 player thru speakers of radio

I use my mp3 player in the pacifica. I use a cable to plug into the audio left and right jacks from my mp3 player, got the cable at radio shack.
It will work if you have the 6 CD changer, the system will detect the aux input of the 6 CD player when you turn on your mp3 or ipod. it is a bit touchy you have to setup the volume of your ipod or mp3 player to be high volume or the system will not detect it. It took me a while to get the setting right on the MP3, you will see the display on the car audio system change to "Aux" when it detects your ipod.

between songs if there is a dead spot for a couple of seconds you may see the system jump back to the 6 CD player, and play a couple of seconds of a CD, use an open "no CD" spot of your 6 cd changer and you will not get the odd couple of seconds on the CD in between songs

give it a try

Old 04-15-2012, 07:47 AM

Where is the aux input? It looks like there are output jacks in the front, but I did not see any kind of input. Do you have to remove the radio?

Originally Posted by Debbie Gary
I use my mp3 player in the pacifica. I use a cable to plug into the audio left and right jacks from my mp3 player, got the cable at radio shack.
It will work if you have the 6 CD changer, the system will detect the aux input of the 6 CD player when you turn on your mp3 or ipod. it is a bit touchy you have to setup the volume of your ipod or mp3 player to be high volume or the system will not detect it. It took me a while to get the setting right on the MP3, you will see the display on the car audio system change to "Aux" when it detects your ipod.

between songs if there is a dead spot for a couple of seconds you may see the system jump back to the 6 CD player, and play a couple of seconds of a CD, use an open "no CD" spot of your 6 cd changer and you will not get the odd couple of seconds on the CD in between songs

give it a try

Old 04-15-2012, 02:39 PM

Those are inputs for MP3's, ipods, game systems etc. Use one of these.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:00 PM

no you don't need to remove anything. the aux inputs are on the front of the 6CD changer, just to the right of the 6 buttons to select the CD, they are yellow for video white/red for left an right. I also have the DVD player in the car. The DVD just uses slot one of the 6CD changer.

good luck

Old 05-07-2012, 02:39 PM

So this has been working great, except for when there is a pause in the audio (between songs). Also, phone calls are basically not possible using this method.

I am wondering if there is a way to hack this. Possibly there is a way to fool the detection circuit but applying the proper voltage? It has a video input, so I wonder if it detected a signal on that line if it would work. I dont care about video in, so potentially a signal could be applied to that to keep it alive... Or, some other method?

Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 PM

to avoid the CD changer jumping in between songs on your mp3 player us an empty slot on the 6 CD changer-

Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie Gary
to avoid the CD changer jumping in between songs on your mp3 player us an empty slot on the 6 CD changer-

I have already removed all the CD's. The unit switches from "AUX" to Changer during silence even though there are no CD's.