Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2020 Pacifica Woes

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2023 | 09:55 AM
|
Default 2020 Pacifica Woes

Greetings to all,

I would like to start off with how my family and I have enjoyed Chrysler Vehicles. We owned a 2002 Town and Country brand new and enjoyed every minute of it. We name her "Vanna" and she was always reliable. She made so many memories for us. All 4 of my children grew up with her. Vanna took us on ALL our family vacations. She took our kids to school from the time they were in grade school until they graduated high school. She was even there in our time of need and sorrows when we lost family. As you can see we all love her and considered her family. As with all things she was getting old and it was time to let her go. It was a hard and sad choice to make. Thank you Vanna for all that you have done for use. We love you.

Since we had such a great experience with Vanna we wanted to continue our tradition and get another vehicle form Chrysler. My wife and I decided to order a Pacifica from the factory and have it customized. It was a great experience! The day we got her it was like having another baby. Our family named her Pearl. We absolutely love her and was everything we wanted. We were looking forward to another great experience, that was until 25 Aug 2023. We were on our way to take care of my sister who passed away the day before.

We were traveling from Virginia to Florida when Pearl broke down in North Carolina. We we traveling on I95 when all the sudden everything went crazy (gauges, alarms, touchscreen, etc). She started slowing down and I lost all controls. The engine had shutdown and we were coasting. As I pulled over into the emergency lane she tried to apply the emergency breaks. I managed to get her to a complete stop at which point everything shutdown. I tried to start her back up and had no luck. So, I call and had her towed to the nearest dealer. After we arrived at the dealer I help push her into a service bay. I explained what happened to the service manager and my situation. They were awesome in trying to help me out. Although they were not able to figure out the problem that night they took use to a hotel. The next morning they called and said they fixed the problem. I was told they re-learned the PCM and did an injector service. Since Pearl was over 3 years old but under 30,000 (out of warranty) they would "good-will" some of the repairs. I was charged approximately $350.

When we left the dealership we continued on our way to Florida. We went 40 miles down the road when Pearl did exactly the same thing again. This time we were in a construction zone with nowhere to immediately pull off. We had no power and had to coast past the concreate barriers to make it to an emergency lane. I cannot begin to explain the fear my family and I had during that time. When we finally made it, NDOT pulled behind us and came to our aide. They called a tow and helped us get to another dealership where it sits to this day.

Right now Pearl is setting at an dealership in North Carolina. I explained my situation to them and they have been great with working with me, even provided me a rental. They replaced the PCM and alternator. However, it has broken down on them over 4+ times since they had it. The dealership has acknowledged that they don't know what is going on with it. I since opened a case with Chrysler Customer Care. While everyone has been helpful and worked with me I am very concerned. I don't get timely follow-ups from the dealership or Chrysler Customer Care. The vehicle has been at the dealership for over 54 days (36 working days) and no resolution.

As with our first van we have always taken it to a dealership for all maintenance and services.

My questions are, how do I trust this vehicle and brand after I do get it back. Will it be fixed? Reliable? SAFE??? Repair Costs? Customer Care?

Very Concerned,
Sean

Old 10-18-2023 | 10:16 AM
|

PS. I'm starting to loose my patience!

Old 10-31-2023 | 03:59 AM
|
Default Update

The dealership reached out and told me they had no resolution. They don’t know what is going on and has reached out to Chrysler. I have a case with Chrysler Customer Care. I have called them several times and left messages. No response from them since I started this post. How do you call yourself Customer Care? Doesn’t anyone reading this thread have any advice?

Very Disappointed,

Sean