Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2021 Pacifica Safety Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2023 | 04:14 PM
|
Default 2021 Pacifica Safety Issues

I have been having pretty major safety issues with my Pacifica, and I just wanted to see if others have experienced something similar. My backup camera sometimes freezes, such that it appears to be working initially, but the image from when it turns on is frozen on the screen. The sensors in the sliding doors do not always work, which resulted in a nasty cut. I have had many other electrical issues that aren't dangerous, but still frustrating, like the entertainment system not always working (so I cannot adjust AC/heat), or the rear entertainment system not working. In both instances, the screens are sometimes black, and they seemingly come back on a number of trips later. I've been to the dealer and some issues have maybe been fixed, but many cannot be replicated while at the dealer. I have to be honest, this is the worst car I have ever owned. I purchased it in early 2022 and have about 23,000 miles. I am concerned that even if the dealer claims some of the safety issues are "fixed" that they will not be. They do not show all the time, so how do I test? I'm under warranty, but again, I have very little confidence that the issues will be fixed. Just wondering if others have similar issues.

Old 12-22-2023 | 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by dly4
I have been having pretty major safety issues with my Pacifica, and I just wanted to see if others have experienced something similar. My backup camera sometimes freezes, such that it appears to be working initially, but the image from when it turns on is frozen on the screen. The sensors in the sliding doors do not always work, which resulted in a nasty cut. I have had many other electrical issues that aren't dangerous, but still frustrating, like the entertainment system not always working (so I cannot adjust AC/heat), or the rear entertainment system not working. In both instances, the screens are sometimes black, and they seemingly come back on a number of trips later. I've been to the dealer and some issues have maybe been fixed, but many cannot be replicated while at the dealer. I have to be honest, this is the worst car I have ever owned. I purchased it in early 2022 and have about 23,000 miles. I am concerned that even if the dealer claims some of the safety issues are "fixed" that they will not be. They do not show all the time, so how do I test? I'm under warranty, but again, I have very little confidence that the issues will be fixed. Just wondering if others have similar issues.
Hi dly4,
Please send us your VIN via private messages so we can look into this. Thank you.

Ariel
Chrysler Cares