Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Chrysler Pacifica reliability

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Banned
Default RE: Chrysler Pacifica reliability

They killed the dual pipes? They were my favorite styling change for 2007! I don't have anything against the 2007 grille; it's the droopy headlights I don't care for. But as you say, that's a matter of opinion.

I think you're saying you're a member of the panel. If so, canyou send me an email so I can update your vehicle info?

Old 10-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned

Well, I've visually confirmed it, the dual pipes are gone

And they might cancel the Pacifica altogether soon. A shame, I'd like to see them do more with it.

Anyway, still working on getting some reliability results for the crossover. More participants very much needed. Results for about 65 other models in a few weeks.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:48 PM

I am the original owner of a 2004 AWD Pacifica and would be glad to help with the survey.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 PM

I just looked at six 2008 Pacificas. Two Limited and several Tourings, including the Signature Series. The duals are gone, but I have asked Chrysler why and if they would consider at least making them an option or standard on the Limited Pacifica. All Pacifica owners that love the car and don't want to see it axed should call Chrysler and let them know how they feel.
Toll Free 1-800-992-1997 M-F 8-5 PM EST.
The people on the lines are listening to our concerns and they make it clear that they are getting the messages to the upper management people. It might take a few minutes of your time, but Chrysler Execs need to hear our concerns. I mentioned the toosimilar interior color selections (feel that we should have the black back), the lack of the duals on the 2008 and askedwhen the new Crimson color would show up at the dealers. I also expressed my concern that rumors are surfacing that there will be no 2009. I was told that the decision might come as early as December as to what models might not make it in 2009. I have always loved my 2004 and have had very little trouble in the60,000 mi.and Ihave had excellent service at Ed Voyles Chrysler in Atlanta. I would like to have a 2008, but will wait a while and see what might happen with Chrysler. Meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy my 2004 black on blackAWD. Chrysler, are YOU listening?
[hr]
If the 2009 is axed, just look at what the consumer will have to pick from...it isn't good. The new Buick is small, the Arcadia, the same, the MDX too short and expensive and not as stylish, the Tahoe, on a truck chassis as well as a few others. The German offerings fall shorton the 3 row seating or are too expensive. I had looked three years, starting back in 2000 for a vehicle that was more car-like, but roomy...Oh a crossover, the Pacifica. Who does it any better than Chrysler?

Old 10-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SPacifica

I am the original owner of a 2004 AWD Pacifica and would be glad to help with the survey.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Did you go to the site and enroll?

Vehicle reliability research

With regard to your other post, I'm surprised that you describe the Acadia and Enclave as small, since they are both considerably larger than the Pacifica. Is your evaluation based on their exterior appearance? They're larger than they look.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

I hope to have a result for the 2005 in February. I haven't started collecting data on other years yet, but the 2004 is just four owners short of the minimum, and the 2007 is about 2/3 of the way.

Auto reliability research -- need more Pacificas!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Banned

The 2004 is now just a single participant short of the minimum, and the 2007 is 3/4 of the way.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:38 PM

Good to find sites that talk about the auto's. I was thinking since I have been a diesel head and on about every forum out there for them for the past 7yrs it just clicked that there had to be one for gassers.
Am impressed that you are taking the time to do the write ups, as I have enjoyed reading many reading write-ups before I buy.
Later Jim.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:17 PM

We had notice I said "had" an 05 Touring Pac and just got rid of it finally after being very nervous we were stuck with it! When we went to trade it in, we found out they werent worth a whole heck of a lot! And we needed all we could get to pay off the loan! I double checked it on KBB and of course yes the dealer was correct for once, our 05 with 35k on it was only worth $12,500 Much less than we expected! So, after our Pac has been in the shop for numerous things and they always tell us that they cant get it to duplicate the problem and send us home, we finally decided to get rid of our headache! Our problems would range anywhere from transmission issues, door lock problems, headlights, gas gauge, bad battery, TERRIBLE gas mileage! and I can just go on and on from here..... Why on earth did this car require 89 octane I will never know, but it sure needed it! Anyway, Im not sure if this will help anyone, but kinda just giving our two cents here, We did like things about the car, but realized that what you pay quickly is not what you will get in just a year and a half! Our Ford didnt depreciate that fast! We are now proud owners of a gas efficient Ford Five Hundred, we plan to keep for a very long time! Good luck you remaining Pac owners! Maybe there is just a few lemons out there!

Old 01-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Banned

Sorry to hear your experience was so frustrating.

The 2004, 2005, and 2007 are now included in the main survey, but with sample sizes very near the minimum. Additional participants would be very helpful.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Vehicle reliability research

Quick Reply: Chrysler Pacifica reliability