Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Chrysler Pacifica reliability

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Banned
Default RE: Chrysler Pacifica reliability

There will be a result (asterisked for insufficient sample size) in the February results. I'd like to be able to get rid of that asterisk and report on additional years the next time around, in May. Just need more participants.

For the details, and to sign up to help make this happen:

Chrysler Pacificareliability research

Old 01-30-2008, 01:01 PM

mkaresh,
Times in the shop for anything? This could obscure your data depending on what you want the review to do. I have had my 04 in the shop for stupid things that don't really keep me from driving the car. My point is, if I bring mine in the shop 4 times for the same thing and they never fix it (memory mirrors don't work between drivers), this is not as bad as 4 times in the shop for stalling, window leaks, tire monitor system issues, trans cooler leaks, etc. In your defense, I have not checked out your reasrch link in detail.

Sometimes we take our cars in a lot for anything while under warraty no matter how trivial the problem is.

Fixit

Old 01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Banned

Yes, for anything unless the form says it's excluded (generally maintenance and wear items).

The great majority of problems are relatively minor these days until vehicles are 5+ years old. The survey asks questions to sort out how severe the problem was. But so few are severe that a very large sample size will be necessary to analyze just those problems.

When looking at ANYONE'S reliability info, not just mine, you should assume that most of the problems reported for fairly new cars were minor.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:31 PM
moe

as a tech that works on these pacs maybe 3 times a week, i can say they really are well made.the only real problems we have is with battery life.and clicking noises from axle area.thats not too bad.outside of that its a great family car.moe

Old 03-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned

Good to know.

It took a while, but lately we've had quite a bit of growth in the number of Pacifica owners signed up to participate. As a result, we hope to have at least rough results for the 2004, 2005, and 2007 in May. A few additional participants could make all the difference.

For the details, and to help make these results happen:

Vehicle reliability research

Old 03-06-2008, 05:07 PM

I have reported my MPG to your site. I now have 11,400 miles on the PAC AWD touring. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned! The MPG are MUCH better than the cheap Jeep Compass we had for 4 months and traded it in on the PAC! I have no idea why this 4500 lb, biggest vehicle Chrysler makes now, gets so much better mpg. I think it's the better choice of the 4.L engine and 6 speed trans. This has the best power of any V-8 I have ever had. If Chrysler made all their brands like the PAC they would out make ALL other vehicles. We are even more pleased that the lifetime powertrain is there, plus we bought the Max Care lifetime servce contract. I am 62 and perhaps this will be the last vehicle I will need, I hope so.

farout

Old 03-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Banned

How that lifetime powertrain warranty plays out is going to be very interesting if many people end up holding onto the vehicle for20+years.

They're buying out workers now. Maybe they'll have to buy out some customers?

Old 03-08-2008, 10:19 PM

Chrysler is going on a good bet tthat customers will have to keep up with style, and the Jones's. That and most people all people do not hold on to a vehicle longer than 9 years. The better bet is that retired people might hold on to get the full service of the Warranty. However I think GM has more to worry about as well. These are very uncertian times, in many ways, I will put my faith in the Good LORD over any car company or anything else. Walking by faith is how we live one day at a time.

farout

Old 04-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned

The may set of results will include the 2005, but not other years unless more owners respond.

Even for the 2005, the result will be asterisked for insufficient sample size. Additional participants are very much needed.

Vehicle reliability research

Old 04-02-2008, 03:49 PM

2007 Pacifica 4.0 6 speed AWD Touring is the biggest piece of junk that I have ever owned. I have lost over 2 weeks in ownership due to car being repaired in the 1st year. I live in Ohio & am considering get[:@]ting the ball rolling on the "lemon law" Car is in shop as we speak getting tranny/ tourque convertor issues worked on again. I love the fact that the car is stylish, roomy & like the power...but everything else??????? Will keep posted with latest results

Quick Reply: Chrysler Pacifica reliability