Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Chrysler Pacifica reliability

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Default RE: Chrysler Pacifica reliability

Well, not really. What I did do was when I was on the highway, I pushed the reset button on the display for my average mpg. With the fuel saver active, it was getting around 22-24 mpg. I hope to get a little better mpg because I live in upstate NY, and during the winter they use the winter mix gas. I still think it is not to bad for a hemi.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:54 AM

Just acquired an 07 Pac FWD,so far no issues.This was a program car with 18,000 miles.
As to reliability problems,from what I have read,it seems that the cars with AWD,have
more problems than the FWD cars.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:03 PM

My wife and I bought a 2007 Pacifica with 7,900 miles on it 3 weeks ago. After two weeks of driving we were replacing the TCC (Torque Converter Clutch). I just picked up the car last friday we have 8,300 miles on it. As far as everything is concerned, the car seems to be very reliable and stable.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned

It's unusual to have a torque converter clutch fail so early.

We'll have updated results for three model years in August: 2004, 2005, and 2007. Additional participants would be very helpful for these yearsas they might still end up asterisked for small sample sizes. And for 2006 and 2008 we still need more participants to even include those years in the main survey.

To help get your year fully included:

Vehicle reliability research

Old 06-22-2008, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: mkaresh

Not true, the '07's with the 4.0L 6 spd had a problem with torque convertrrs having a "shudder" problem. Mostly with the ones built from the fall of '06 through March '07. Evidentally they got a bad batch of converters and chrysler has a TSB out on this issue. The bad ones seem to fail in the first 10,000 miles

Old 06-22-2008, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: 47M37

Just acquired an 07 Pac FWD,so far no issues.This was a program car with 18,000 miles.
As to reliability problems,from what I have read,it seems that the cars with AWD,have
more problems than the FWD cars.
That's interesting. I've read that the AWD's are no more prone than FWD. Where did you see that? I did read that the FWD's with the 4.0L 6spd tend to spin out easier if given a heavy throttle from a stop, that engine has some power.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: indept

ORIGINAL: mkaresh

Not true, the '07's with the 4.0L 6 spd had a problem with torque convertrrs having a "shudder" problem. Mostly with the ones built from the fall of '06 through March '07. Evidentally they got a bad batch of converters and chrysler has a TSB out on this issue. The bad ones seem to fail in the first 10,000 miles
I was speaking of cars in general. Thanks for clueing me in about this particular problem. I've posted it to my sites "Common Auto Repairs Database," noting as you did that most of those that are going to fail already have.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Banned

Results have been posted for the 2005 and 2007. The 2005 has a reported repair rate that's better than average, while the 2007 is muchworse than average.

However, the sample sizes are small, so these results are asterisked and only visible to members on the site itself. It's possible, even likely, that neither result in this case is accurate.

With more participants, I could report precise results for all model years. So hopefully more owners sign up and participate.

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

Old 10-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Banned

Updated results in November. Additional participants would be very helpful.

Vehicle reliability research

Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 PM

I have had problems with my 2005 Pacifica since 28,000 miles. I have Called, Sent emails, wrote letters to Chrysler and the last response (today) was "too bad"! I have been a Chrysler Customer for over 35 years (they know this) and this is the brush off I get! Ridiculous! Anyone know how to getChrysler to correct their mistakes? The car wasn't made right from the start and now they won't stand behind it! Two Transfer Cases, Both front lower control arms, Struts repaired, Neoprene washers replaced behind the front axles (tell me neoprene replaces Steel!), it is still clicking, creaking and other sounds from the front end and at 72,000 (just out of warranty) the dealer's mechanic says "It needs a transfer case replaced"! Tell me the car wasmanufacturedright! All maintenance was performed on time when due. This is how they treat me after being a Loyal Chrysler Customer for over 35 years! No wonder people are buying Imports. I had a 1999 Dodge Caravan with over 160,000 miles on it and none of these problems! Sorry I traded it on this Pacifica. Glad they stopped making them so other customers don't get Screwed! [align=right][/align]

Post #: 1

Quick Reply: Chrysler Pacifica reliability