Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Chrysler Pacifica reliability

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Banned

In a few weeks we'll start previewing the next set of results to participants. More needed for the Pacifica.

Car reliability research

Old 04-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned

160 Pacifica owners signed up to help so far. A very good start, but more remain needed to cover all model years.

Vehicle reliability research

Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Banned

Updated results this week. Additional participants remain needed for all model years.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:15 PM

i bought an 05 Pac ltd in 2006 and i regret it. I love the style, the options (mine is fully loaded) the space. it seemed like the perfect car for me. but the car is mediocre and chrysler svc is shady. it's a 4600 lb car with a 250 hp engine and a 4 spd transmission. if you get better than 15 mpg combined it's because you drive like a grandma. i also had the problem with the power seats and mirrrors not working sometimes. the water leak in the a-pillar. the clicking and the clunking when turning, which btw, is probably caused by bad engine mounts. ALL the pacs will probably need to get those replaced at some point. good luck though cause they're on backorder; surprise, surprise. i'm about to get into it now with the dealer over some work they did on my car. i had an oil leak and took it in. they charged me $600 and said it was fixed. a few nights ago the car started clicking. next morning it was so bad i had to take it in to them. it broke down a block from the dealership. now they're telling me the motor is shot and they can't do anything till they see receipts for all my oil changes. no wonder they went bankrupt. patriotism can only get u so far. if you want to be a good car company start by selling good cars at affordable prices backed by good svc.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:39 AM
Banned

How did this turn out?

Afraid to say I've had some bad experiences with Chrysler customer service myself, though nothing quite this catastrophic.

174 Pacifica owners now signed up. A good start, but more are needed to provide precise results for all model years.

Car reliability research

Old 08-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Banned

Updated results soon. Continue to need more participants to cover all model years.

Car reliability research

Old 09-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Banned

We have updated results for the Chrysler Pacifica to include owner experiences through June 2009. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2007: 93, worse than average, largely thanks to the new transmission

2006: 107, worse than average

2005: 85, about average

2004: 139, worse than average.

Sample sizes were small, even very small, for all four years.

A big thanks, once again, to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Chrysler Pacifica reliability comparisons

Old 09-29-2009, 03:04 PM

Hi, I am Chris Freville and I'm interested in chrysler cars very much. Recently I was talking to my friend Maria Christina who has a car gallery since 1st December 1995 about this topic. She is really good at this subject. She loves that cars more than anything..

Old 10-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Banned

Those last two posts seem a bit OT...

Anyway, we'll have updated reliability stats next month. Additional participants remain needed to fully cover all model years.

Car reliability research

Old 10-29-2009, 10:22 AM

well with this i find problem in the battery...i dont know why is this happening..but in few intervals i face problem with batteries...

Quick Reply: Chrysler Pacifica reliability