Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

No Crank, No start

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2020 | 03:23 PM
|
Default No Crank, No start

I have a 2007 Pacifica 4.0, drive it everyday with no problems, no check engine light. I'm original owner. Drove about 30 miles the other day, parked for 3 hours, wouldn't crank. Tried to jump, no good. Got towed home, installed new battery, still no crank. Changed starter, still no crank. Saw a thread here about the Ignition actuator pin, opened it up and lo and behold broken, installed new, still won't crank. Put in a new relay, I can hear it clicking when I turn the key. What else could it possibly be????

Old 09-21-2022 | 09:14 AM

Will....might I ask what you found out it was? I'm having the same issue with my 5 spd 2001 PT.
Thanks Tim

Old 10-17-2022 | 10:30 AM

I have a somewhat similar problem for about a year now. I'll describe in detail and hopefully, someone has an answer. I have a 2007, Pacifica, 4.0. The starter has been replaced twice. The battery is new. The key fob has been replaced but with an aftermarket. The original was dropped and cracked. Electrical current is reaching the starter. Occasionally, it starts right up. Other times, when turning the key, it sometimes does nothing and sometimes, does begin to crank but the engine makes a quick gasping sound, followed by a non-start sound (as if the starter is bad and not cranking), but won't start. It used to be (occasionally), if placed in neutral, it would start. That's not occurring any longer. What can again occasionally get it to start is, I put the car back in park, step out with one leg and rock it, and then it will start. Sometimes it requires more rocking than other times. It typically cranks right up when I go through these motions but occasionally, it's a long 2-3 second crank to start. An additional issue is if I'm parked on an incline. That also seems to prevent an easy start.

Between battery and starter replacements, head scratching mechanics, and tow trucks, I can't save enough to buy another car and permanently park this one.

Help is appreciated.

Old 06-20-2023 | 01:26 PM

Hey Bozzzz94,
The ignition actuator pin follows the ignition key cylinder lock.
If you have a car that starts with a key (not a push button but a key), where you insert the key is the cylinder lock.
The cylinder lock connects to the ignition actuator. The actuator inserts into another part that gets turned by the whole cylinder lock / ignition actuator pin mechanism.
The tip of the actuator pin can break. If it breaks, your key will turn. However, it may not rotate the remaining mechanism to start the car.
My problem was my pin was broken, but my car would start. However, it would not completely shut off in the on/off position. It would drain my battery over night.
Hope this helps.