Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica & Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Default RE: Pacifica & Ipod

Hey Howard,

I have a 2005 Pacifica with the 6CD/DVD changer and aux input connectors on the front. My unit is installed in the front console. When I hit the mode button it doesn't go to Aux., ever. I have to keep turning the unit off and on and hitting the various buttons to see if something eventually works. Sometimes it will work and sometimes not.

Very mysterious. Seems similar to your problem, would appreciate any help.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:18 PM

I found that you have to switch the yellow and red rca plugs for an IPod to plug into a standard red, white and yellow video/audio setup. I did that with my dvd player in my magnum.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:45 AM

I too have the 6 disc changer and ue it with an iPod. What I find works best is to start the iPod playing and then switch to the Aux mode. The system sees the "attachement" and switches to it.

Never had to do any cable switching.... the audios are connected to their respective colors.

Make sure you are using a boosted signal when attached. the Belkin adapter I have provides a boosted signal which the changer really likes!

My only gripe is that between tracks, when there is a few seconds silence, the disc changer reverts back to the disk. When it resenses the iPod it switches back!

Old 02-11-2008, 06:05 PM

Mopar does have an ipod interface that allows you to stow your ipod in the glove box and use the radio to control it provided you radio has changer controls. If you have a changer you can still use it as well.Some of the radios also show the songs playing from the ipod.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:41 AM

I quit using my ipod by plugging it into the RCA inputs at the DVD player. If the pause between tracks is too long it switches to the DVD player. This happens very frequently, so much so that I would skip to the next track near the end of a song! I fixed this by unloading the changer, then it won't switch. I got tired of having to unload the changer and bought an iTrip to xmit on a FM channel. It works great and I can carry it to any vehicle.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:47 PM

My 2004 Pacifica has the 6 disc CD/DVD . But I have alway used the iTrip for my iPod. Its clean and work great. Not to mention if its party time in a parking lot some where Several of the cars around me can tune in and use my iPod. I have a friend follow me while we were heading home and she said she could listen to it all the way home. Now thats cool. Plus It uses the car power so my iPod never goes dead. Cant beat it.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:30 AM

I have an aftermarket RCA adaptor to plug my sandisk mp3 player into the factory stereo. If I accidently hit the tuner rocker, the audio from my sandisk doesn't come thru until flick the tuner rocker back however many clicks I've hit it.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:47 AM

I have a 2005 Pacifica. No cd changer, but there is a plug for (10 pin). I have soldered left, right inputs and ground into the vacant cd player input, but I can't get the stereo to go into cd changer mode (or aux mode, whatever it is). What other signal(s) do I need to trick the unit into thinking that the cd changer is plugged into the plug playing?