Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

'02 Voyager keeps stalling...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
u need a volt meter to check for the power and ground or a noid light or test light
I have changed the injector/map harness and used the "noid light" and got only #5 injector no pulse again! Others are fine and all 6 plugs have spark.
I am ordering a new computer today because I don't know what else to do. I also got P0108 again (MAP sensor).
I hope it's not the main engine harness; I don't see any damage on it but who knows. If there is a problem with the main harness could I hard wire the #5 injector power directly to the main connector at the computer?

Old 10-19-2011, 03:37 PM

I got another injector/MAP wire harness from a wrecking yard and still I get no pulse on injector #5 using "noid light". All plugs have spark and injectors are good. Is problem in the computer or a main engine harness? How do I find out?
p.s.I am ordering a rebuit ECU so I will know when it arrives.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:56 AM

You are done. The PCM is bad. You've changed the wire that sends the pulse to #5 and you confirmed there is no pulse to #5 from the PCM. If you want to go the extra mile you could confirm continuity of the wire from the PCM (connector C1 pin #15 brown/orange wire) to the injector even though that's the second harness. Verify the pins on the PCM and the injector aren't pushed back in the connector.

Disconnect the negative battery cable before disconnecting/reconnecting the PCM.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:46 AM

You are right; I didn't check the connector for pushed pins but since the problem started before it was taken apart I assumed the pins were OK.
Also, is the "C1 pin #15 brown/orange" on the main connector that is plugged into the computer?
Thanks!

Old 10-20-2011, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by orasac
You are right; I didn't check the connector for pushed pins but since the problem started before it was taken apart I assumed the pins were OK.
Also, is the "C1 pin #15 brown/orange" on the main connector that is plugged into the computer?
Thanks!

Yes, on the main computer (PCM).

Old 10-20-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
Yes, on the main computer (PCM).
EDIT - Actually check the pin on both the wire harness connector and the PCM. Either could push. I don't recall which is male or female.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:33 PM

All the pins look OK! I hope it's the computer; I am sick and tired of not having a car.
I have to hard-wire #5 injector if computer isn't the problem.
Thanks!

Old 10-23-2011, 11:06 AM

I think I should also check the 10wire section of hte main harness by checking all the pins against each-other for resistance (in case there is short in the cable) and also between each pin and "ground" (negative). I believe all the reading should be zero?

Old 10-31-2011, 02:06 PM

IT'S DONE and IT WORKS!!!!! New computer and new MAP sensor plus major tune-up - no more "Check Engine Light". Thank you guys for your help, you are the greatest!

Old 11-01-2011, 12:01 PM

What was the name of the company in Florida you got PCM from of Ebay, or was it a private seller? Any problems in that regard? Glad to hear all is well now.

Quick Reply: '02 Voyager keeps stalling...