Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

05 Town & Country Cooling Fans Run All The Time

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 05:06 PM
Default 05 Town & Country Cooling Fans Run All The Time

I have a 2005 Town and Country Limited 3.8L. Just recently the radiator cooling fans won't turn off even with the vehicle turned off. First thought was fan relay, so I replaced it and the fans were off after starting and turning van off. Van wasn't driven for 3 day and on that day the fans wouldn't shut off again. I figured faulty fan relay, so I exchanged it for another one and I decided to replace the coolant temp sensor. Connected it and fans didn't turn on. Started the van up again and off fans still not running. So one more test this time after I started the van I turned the A/C on and then turned van off. Sure enough the fans stayed on. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the A/C calling for the fans to turn on but not turn back off when the van is off, something has to be stuck on. I tested the fan relay connector and when the van is off I'm getting voltage on the #4 pin. It jumps between 50ish to 80ish volts. When I connect my ODB2 scanner I only get an airbag fault, which has been there for years. If anyone can help with this issue that would be great.

One last note, I did consider a grounding problem since I've had a great deal of issues stemming on the drivers side ground. I had to reground the headlights, horn, and fog lights due to no ground. Today I disconnected the ground bundle from the frame next to the drivers side headlight and some of the wires were broke off so I cut and regrounded all the wires to a new ground spot on the frame. Grounds are all good now.