Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

06 Town and Country issues, help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 06:36 PM
Default 06 Town and Country issues, help please

Bought an 06 Town and country 3.3l. It ran good for about 3 months, never gave me an issue starting or driving. Then one day after a heavy rain storm it gave me issues going down the highway, started jerking and bucking, acting like it was going to stall. After that it didn't give me any issues for awhile, then started doing the same jerking and bucking every once in a while and would stall, but would start back up and go. Then one day it started dying when ever the engine would heat up to running temp. It's fine cold, it will start and drive fine cold, but once it starts warming up the engine will stall out while pushing the gas pedal. It continues with that problem. Starts and drives fine cold, will even start and idle warm, will idle fine when you put it in drive, but the second you apply pressure to the gas pedal it stalls out.

Previously a week before the stalling issues I had an oil change, new battery, fuel injector treatment, air filter was checked, put in new spark plugs and wires plus refilled all fluids.

Ran good for about 3 days after the mini tune up then started with the stalling when warm issue.

Bought a code reader and originally got these codes,
primaryP0032 upstream oxygen heater cylinder bank number 1
Then - p0344 can shaft position sensor intermittent interruption bank 1 sensor 1.
I replaced the o2 sensor and cleared the codes. Still stalls out when warm but o2 sensor code isn't coming back.
Then I read it again after check engine light came back on and these were the codes.
P0344 cam shaft position a circuit intermittent was now the primary code.
P0339 crank shaft position sensor a circuit intermittent.
and then a p0700 transmission control system, p0882 system voltage low.
I checked the wiring and I couldn't find anything wrong. Reset the computer and problem continued.
Waited for check engine light again and got these codes now.
Primary p0129 barometric pressure out of range low. The scanner sugested as the primary fix To replace manifold absolute pressure map sensor.
Then p0122 throttle position sensor low. Then p0700 again and p0882 again.
Then I unplugged the computer and rescanned it since the cam shaft and crank shaft weren't coming up and I got 1 code p0882 again.

This is my only vehicle, I desperately need it running and the o2 sensor was $60 so I don't want to spend a bunch of money replacing stuff that won't fix the problems. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for all your help.