Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

07 Town and County doesn't show gear and won't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 12:48 AM
Default 07 Town and County doesn't show gear and won't start

Hi there,

I've read many posts about this issue and most concluded that it was corroded wiring. But there's an incredible amount of wrapped up wiring under the hood that I'm afraid I'm going to regret it if I don't know what I'm looking for

Long story short the vehicle suddenly died in reverse and hasn't been able to start since. We noticed that the dash lights indicated it was still in reverse even though it was physically shifted to park. Moving out to neutral allows it to roll but the dash still showed park. After pulling the battery it no longer shows park but instead doesn't show any gear.

I did the dash thing where I put the key in "off" and gold the odometer reset for 10 seconds. It flashed error 1003 and 1009 (I believe it was 1009) but I'll have to confirm that.

Again this is something I've read others have dealt with and meant said it's because of poorly wrapped wires that soak up dirty, salty water (I'm in Wisconsin) and the wires corrode. I can ready replace wires but there are so many bundles I'm not sure where to look.

May not be related but last week I did notice a coolant leak somewhere under the radiator. It leaves drips when I'm parked. It's pretty wet under there and there is a bundle of wires running under the radiator. But, again, I don't want to just start unwrapping wires and get myself into trouble.

Can you give me any advice or clues on what wires to check before getting it towed to a repair shop?

Thank you!

Stephen