Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

08 Town & Country Cannot figure out Very Odd Tire Wear

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 02:40 PM
Default 08 Town & Country Cannot figure out Very Odd Tire Wear

08 T&C Touring / 3.8l / 290,000 miles
About 4 months ago- needed new control arm bushings- decided to replace whole control arms w/ ball joints (both sides),
aswell as front struts/springs(both sides) and rear shocks/springs(both sides)- as ALL were still factory original.
Since then, been getting outside wear on front left tire- very quickly too- 3-4 wks, edge is gone (on my 8th "used tire since).
Thought maybe had to do with converting from nivomat rear suspension to standard rear suspension (as nivomat isnt
exactly cheap!!).
But 3 wks ago, bit the bullet and put it back to rear nivomat suspension-
Same problem- outside tire wear (quickly) on front left.
Alignment has been checked numerous times- and all is good!
All other front end end/suspension parts have been checked and deemed good numerous times.
Myself, and 2 other shops have gone over this numerous times- and cannot figure out the problem.
(1 shop, litterally took everything apart, measured parts for any inconsistency's in part measurements/defects/etc..)-
Nothing found wrong.
Any Thoughts???
I know its 13 yrs old, and alot of miles- but it is my work vehicle- im comfortable in it, and i know what i got!!
and motor/tranny still solid!! So really dont wanna give up on it (especially the money dumped into it the last 4 mos)-
but really dont wanna keep having to replace a tire every month either!!

Thanks