Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

09 T&C head gasket issues, Lighting bolt and now security locked!!!! please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 08:56 AM
Angry 09 T&C head gasket issues, Lighting bolt and now security locked!!!! please help

Well i took my van to a newer garage( that was a mistake). Had them to do the head gaskets which i believe was done well except the fact that they broke a couple exhaust manifold bolts and the tube that sets on top of the intake. Well anyways, after they did the head gaskets the lighting bolt presented it self while idleing, didnt think anything of of it because we found a loose connector to the alternator and the battery, Tightened that up and boom ran fine for about 10 miles. btw the lighting bolt wouldnt let it go over 60 at all, So i taken it back and had them to try to fix it. At this point i had them also install a external heat gauge because the cluster one wasnt working and i was having issues finding the right one, and according to the dealership they wasnt produced anymore( btw he wired into the power socket at first and his buddy made him change it and wire it into the TIPM where the Trailer light fuse goes). Jump forward to Sunday night, one of the mechanics was in this garage and it was freaking out, headlights was kicking on, Wipers, cluster was flashing and something under the hood was clicking. Now it wont start AT ALL. Security light flashes, computer reads no pcm, no ecm, no fcm and low voltage to everything. All the doors are picking up on this Solus machine.. They refuse to pay for anything which just makes me even more furious, Didnt have no issues no lights except the tpms light when we took it in, Anyone have any ideas or Anything would be more than appreciated but im lost at this point besides taking it the the dealer.

Old 10-18-2020, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

At this point i had them also install a external heat gauge because the cluster one wasnt working and i was having issues finding the right one, and according to the dealership they wasnt produced anymore( btw he wired into the power socket at first and his buddy made him change it and wire it into the TIPM where the Trailer light fuse goes).

your buddy likely shorted out the TIPM