Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2008 Satellite Radio Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 11:39 PM
Default 2008 Satellite Radio Issue

Hey guys,

Has anyone had this happen and know how to repair or can give me some info on what this is? Our 2008 T&C has the AM/FM/SAT/SATV radio and as I touched the SAT prompt on the screen the other day, I received a "MODULE FAILURE" message in the center of the screen. All the other prompts on that screen function (touching INFO brings up the info screen but with no words, DIRECT TUNE lets you enter a station number, etc), but the radio will not show or play any of the satellite radio stations (we have SiriusXM). I will probably contact Sirius for a reboot from their end, but I'm thinking there's a fault in the radio. Thanks for any help on this.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by StratLou
Hey guys,

Has anyone had this happen and know how to repair or can give me some info on what this is? Our 2008 T&C has the AM/FM/SAT/SATV radio and as I touched the SAT prompt on the screen the other day, I received a "MODULE FAILURE" message in the center of the screen. All the other prompts on that screen function (touching INFO brings up the info screen but with no words, DIRECT TUNE lets you enter a station number, etc), but the radio will not show or play any of the satellite radio stations (we have SiriusXM). I will probably contact Sirius for a reboot from their end, but I'm thinking there's a fault in the radio. Thanks for any help on this.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison

ChryslerCares

Old 04-07-2020, 10:39 PM

Hey all,

I have checked the antenna connections at the rdio end and (as best I could) at the antenna end. The connector there is tucked up under the roof the headliner, but I could see from removing a piece of trim, that it is still connected. Does anyone have any thoughts I could look for to possibly isolate the problem? Thanks for any help.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:56 AM

Still looking if anyone has any thoughts and can help with this problem. Thanks

Old 08-06-2020, 12:15 AM

Well finally got it to the dealer and they said it was an SDAR antenna module. Internal to the radio. And a new one (if they could even get one) would be about $1300! Radios are so pricey. Don't know what I might do yet exactly.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:14 AM
Default satellite radio

Originally Posted by StratLou
Well finally got it to the dealer and they said it was an SDAR antenna module. Internal to the radio. And a new one (if they could even get one) would be about $1300! Radios are so pricey. Don't know what I might do yet exactly.
I would check Rockauto.com or look at aftermarket replacements.