Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2008 T&C trouble code P0562

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019 | 09:54 AM
|
Default 2008 T&C trouble code P0562

Hey guys,

Looking for some help on an issue that has been existing with us for awhile with no obvious solution. Periodically, when attempting to start the engine of our 2008 T&C with 4.0L, the starter will turn but there will be some no-movement time for like a second, then it may turn another revolution and there will be the same pause/sluggishness. This may happen one, two, three times? then the starter will come to life and function normally and start the engine. Other times, it will just start normally with no issues. Yesterday, though, it performed with that sluggish momentum then the interval increased between starter revolutions and the darn thing wouldn't start at all. Finally got some of the solenoid clicking sounds and then nothing. Thinking a battery problem, I charged the battery for some time and it finally started again after a few tries and some sluggish cranking again. The battery is a 3 yr old Chrysler with 600 CCA. The positive battery post had a fair amount of white powdery residue. The service engine light came on and presented a code P0562 (which appears as low battery voltage having occured for a period of time, but also points the finger at possible alternator problems). Battery voltage checked in at about 13V when engine off and about 13.8 to 14V with engine running. I disconnected and cleaned off all terminals to the battery, alternator, and starter. Things seem ok now but this ok situation has happened before so I'm stumped and am looking for thoughts. I am going to begin by replacing the battery with a Chrysler 700CCA but am wondering if I'm missing something else. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I feel we're playing russian roulette every time I turn the key. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2019 | 10:46 AM

YES, You forgot to have the battery "load tested" for individual battery cell condition. You could have a battery with a bad cell(6 of them) and still have decent VOLTAGE reading. The starter draws in AMPS not just volts, if the amps available in the battery is not greater than amps needed for starter and vehicle electronics...you're going to get the condition you experience. Even your local Walmart will do this quick test for FREE, along with most all auto parts stores.

Dirty battery connections didn't help the situation either...I hope once cleaned that you used some DIELECTRIC GREASE on the posts of the battery to help prevent corrosion electrical resistance from forming soon again.

Last edited by REBEL59; 09-11-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-11-2019 | 11:48 PM
|

I did wind up changing out the battery and so far so good. I use dielectric on all my other electrical connections and don't know why I've never used it on the battery posts. I've forever used CRC's spray battery terminal protector and it's worked great. I wonder if I could use both together effectively. Thanks.