Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2010 town and country red lightning bolt-starts but no acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 08:33 PM
Unhappy 2010 town and country red lightning bolt-starts but no acceleration

HELP< HELP I have a 2010 town and country 3.8. After I changed my rear brakes, pads, rotors, and caliper I then bled the brakes. went to go take it for a test drive and found I had a dead battery. jumped it 3 different times with battery cables and did not ground the booster battery on a ground but hooked it up straight to the battery. A red lightning bolt with backward parentheses on each side of it came on.... now I have no acceleration at all. starts fine but no acceleration I ended up replacing the battery. after that, I tried different ways to reset this light as everything I was researching was saying pedal positioning sensor or throttle body sensor. I checked relays and pulled fuses and everything checked there. I then replaced the pedal sensor and that did not fix the problem. I am still trying to find the correct way to reset the light in hopes that it will give me acceleration. a new throttle body is $230.00. then I am not sure if it has to be reprogrammed which would be even more pricy if a dealer had to do it. I just want to make sure that I really need to replace it. I did clean it with carb cleaner as it was pretty dirty. I appreciate your help

Old 08-22-2020, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

you need the codes for the check engine light to start with. Second yes some one will need to do a throttle relearn once replaced

Old 08-26-2020, 01:41 PM

p0113 Intake air temperature sensor, high voltage
p2167 Throttle/Pedal position sensor "E" maimum stop performance

Old 08-26-2020, 02:50 PM

Is it possible that the p0113 was from trying to diagnose the problem?

Old 08-26-2020, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

OK SO let play a word game .. What is the key words in this sentence ..
"Throttle/Pedal position sensor "E" maximum stop performance"

Even better the actual code meaning is
" Accelerator pedal position sensor 2 maximum stop performance"

What are the 2 main key words in the 2 codes meaning? I will give you a clue ACCELERATOR PEDAL.

Also same as replacing a throttle body did you get the pedal programmed to the computer?

So what or who told you that you need a throttle body assembly?

Old 08-27-2020, 02:39 PM

I already replaced the pedal sensor but did not know that it needed to be programmed to the computer. The reason for believing that it could be the throttle body is because the p2167 said "throttle/pedal position sensor. however, the computer never gave a p0121,122 or 123 which are the throttle Body Sensor codes. So there is no way to reset the pedal sensor other than a dealer?

Old 08-27-2020, 05:52 PM

I just noticed that the steering wheel won't lock. is it possible that the anti-theft system might need to be reset. after changing the pedal sensor I still have no acceleration. chrysler dealer said pedal nor throttle needs to be reset by them.
also would hooking up battery cables from car to car, putting all clamps on battery terminals not hooking black to ground but straight to battery, cause anything to malfunction such as anti-theft system? just going back through and thinking about what changed or might have happened. before all this started i bled the brakes and was having problems bleeding them. went through about 56oz of brake fluid (kept getting air in the container, they did finally bleed. so there was a lot of pumping the brake pedal....wondering if that could of caused an issue?

Last edited by Restored; 08-27-2020 at 06:11 PM.