Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2010 Town and Country Touring

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 10:30 AM
Default 2010 Town and Country Touring

Good morning!

I'm somewhat new to the town and country world and just purchased a used one. I went to check my oil, the dipstick was stuck, and I managed to break off the top. Because it is used and that was stuck it makes me wonder if it was the original/ correct one for the engine. How can I go about finding what the dipstick length SHOULD be on this one? It's the 4.0.

Thanks for your help!

Old 05-04-2021, 01:58 PM

I would suggest that you go to the mall, and find another car the same year as yours. When the owner returns ask if you can measure the length of his oil stick, so you can get another one.

Old 05-05-2021, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Madmacks
I would suggest that you go to the mall, and find another car the same year as yours. When the owner returns ask if you can measure the length of his oil stick, so you can get another one.
Whatever you do, don't ask him if you can measure the length of his dipstick

Old 05-05-2021, 10:28 PM

When I snapped the handle off of an '06 charger 3.5l, I found a replacement handle at a salvage yard. What I found is the handle is simply pinned into the dipstick and the handles are consistent in the length from the pin to the seat. I picked up a chrysler oil stick and pinned the new handle on the original metal dip stick. To keep the new handle from sticking, I removed the o-ring and very lightly sanded the handle by the o-ring and then replaced the o-ring.

Old 05-10-2021, 04:48 AM

My 2009 Town and Country with a 3.8 did the same thing. What happens is that the o-ring swells and gets stuck in the tube. The plastic handle is not tough enough to bring it out and breaks off. I used a small drill to drill down into the plastic and was able to hook the pin with a bent wire piece and pulled the old one out with a pair of vise grips. l was unable to find an aftermarket replacement for my specific vehicle but they are available for the 2007 with a 3.8. That dipstick fits perfectly and though it's not "identical" the distance from the top to the full and add marks are the same. I found it at O'Reilly Auto Parts. It is a Dorman part, I don't remember the part number but just look it up for a 2007 Chrysler town and country with a 3.8 and compare it to your old dipstick once you have it out. I believe that you will find it a very suitable replacement.