Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2010 UK Grand Voyager - Where’s My Siren ???😶

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 04:36 AM
Post 2010 UK Grand Voyager - Where’s My Siren ???😶

Hi Everyone 💜

A big hello to all from the UK, I am in desperate need of your help.

I have and love my Grand Voyager…not modified, all factory standard stuff.
Being disabled this car and it’s, everything at theclick of a switch has enabled me to keep my independance and still have room for all my gear and the kids and not need ‘another person’. The ability to climb in the drivers seat and through my wheels in and out behind me and still close all my doors myself is just brilliant.

However she has developed an irritating fault….😐

Some months ago I went out to a flat battery, the battery is new, less than 4 weeks.
Recovery called, diagnosed an electrical drain (somewhere).

Happened again, same again but they measured the drain at 0.5amps.
They have also warned they will refuse to come out in future if not fixed.

So off to the auto electrician with my blank cheque book I go……they had her for two whole days on their machines. Sod’s law states they didn’t see a drain bigger than 0.3 milliamps in all that time!! 🙄
They did however identify a siren fault. And stated that the battery back up on these type of alarm systems is a common ‘intermittent’ drain failure as the siren has its own battery and when it dies this problem occurs.
Now, the alarm still works fine, but the siren has stopped working.

The problem is…….THEY CANT BLOODY FIND IT 🤣🤣

they need to disconnect it to fix the fault. They have looked in all the usual places…..and short of spending weeks stripping the entire car down (def not an option) we are at a loss.
They have contacted all the people they can, short of not being able to contact Chrysler, now not in the UK….

I am now desperately hoping, someone, anyone around the world, may be able to help point us in the direction of where this siren may be? A wiring diagram even? Anything at all please that will help……

She’s a 2010 Grand Voyager 2.8 crd ltd UK

In advance great appreciation of your help xxx💜
And I apologise for rambling on so….