Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2011 Town Country Touring ABS Brake Traction Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2024, 07:56 AM
Default 2011 Town Country Touring ABS Brake Traction Lights

Anyone here had issues with the Town Country Touring ABS lights on intermittently? Repair shop did a scan and with printout for code c2200 (bad abs module), and also handed me a printout on what other relatives/causes to look for. I do find strong power on pins 1+32 and grounds on16+47; but I don't see any ignition switched on power to pin 8 or 38. All three fuses are good. Anyone here got a clue here? Thanks in advance, Mikey

Old 06-02-2024, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by MikesEast
Anyone here had issues with the Town Country Touring ABS lights on intermittently? Repair shop did a scan and with printout for code c2200 (bad abs module), and also handed me a printout on what other relatives/causes to look for. I do find strong power on pins 1+32 and grounds on16+47; but I don't see any ignition switched on power to pin 8 or 38. All three fuses are good. Anyone here got a clue here? Thanks in advance, Mikey
Also wanted to add that applying the brakes before starting engine, the ABS lights will stay off as long as brakes applied. Found in another forum where some home mechanic ran an ignition switched wire to the module to get his working (bad fix).

Old 06-02-2024, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

make sure there is 12v going to the module and no high resistance on the same wires.

Old 06-02-2024, 08:46 PM

Hi Kevin, and thanks for the support. A local shop scanned and gave me a printout of the ABS plug, where pin 8 and 38 should have switched ignition 12v, but I'm reading around .4. The problem is intermittent, where I once drove the van about 10 miles with no warning lights at all. No warning lights if brakes applied and held down through start and driving. Does the steering position sensor, PCM, or a relay have anything to do with the switched 12+ absence? I've found others with same problem here on the web, but no real solution. I'm considering putting a test light in the wire and then trying to locate a short/intermittent, but otherwise I don't know where to start. Thanks in advance, Mikey

Old 06-03-2024, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

" Does the steering position sensor, PCM, or a relay have anything to do with the switched 12+ absence?" no not for an abs issue its a separate module ABS is for brakes PCM is for running the engine.
DO you have a wire diagram of that abs system if you do then trace down where there are connectors you can bust the system up into 2 parts that way to locate the voltage drop. Best way I have done to find an issue like this is to have a volt meter in OHMS connect one end to the abs connector side and then to the connector to where you find it splits the circuit in half then wiggle the wires from point A to B see if the ohms change when you do so it would go from .4 ohm's or something small amount to OL if there is a broke in the wire.

Old 06-04-2024, 12:20 AM

Thanks Kevin, really appreciate your support here. Wiring diagram, what I have is an "alldata.com" diagram showing which ABS module pins are hots, switched, and grounds. Is the attached doc accurate? Any better docs available? I did take a look under the fuse box, unplugged it all and sprayed it with contact cleaner and dielectric grease, but never occurred to me (retired old man) to try and trace specific wires from ABS plug to the fuse box to look for issues there. Thanks in Advance, Mikey

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ABS-2011TownCountryTour.pdf (458.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 06-04-2024, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

i have a full abs module pin out but that's not what you looking for make sure there is 12v at the module

Old 06-04-2024, 10:00 PM

I think I'm on the right track at this point, thanks to you. Looks like tracing each wire from fusebox to module and then checking resistance both ends while wiggling and inspecting very closely should identify the problem. A few days ago, I didn't have both ends of the wire identified. What I do know is that the problem is intermittent, or that moving the fusebox earlier did find temporary continuity to power. Really appreciate it, and hopefully this will soon be resolved.

Old 06-05-2024, 07:21 PM

Any idea on where I might find some sort of ABS schematic which specifies wire colors, or do I need to trace the already identified switched ignition + pin 8 and 38 to find both ends? Thanks in advance, Mikey

Old 06-06-2024, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

here ya go

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Abs Module.pdf (163.1 KB, 29 views)

Quick Reply: 2011 Town Country Touring ABS Brake Traction Lights