Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Chrysler Grand Voyager 2002 - Riding high at the back, low front end

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 06:42 AM
Default Chrysler Grand Voyager 2002 - Riding high at the back, low front end

Hello all!

I bought a 2002 Grand Voyager this month, thanks for letting me join the forum!

I am enjoying the car, many foibles and bits I need to fix of course.

But the main problem for me is the height of the front end.

As you can see from the attached photos, the front is a LOT lower than the back.

This is a cosmetic issue (I'm thinking about putting larger wheels on, as the current ones look tiny) – but it's also a functional issue.

I.e. crunching front end on speed bumps (very traumatic experience for the driver, as well as the car).

Could this be a spring issue that has lost height over time?

Or do you think there's something else wrong here? I'd rather have an idea of what I'm dealing with before approaching a mechanic – or if I can do something myself that would be good to know.

Thanks everyone for any thoughts on this!

Old 12-21-2020, 10:18 AM

The front ride height looks about right but the back is far too high. Has it had a tow bar fitted? If so it's possible that either heavy duty leaf springs have been fitted or possible spacer blocks to lift the rear end up to compensate for heavy loads.
The crunching front end on speed bumps is more likely to be the plastic air diffuser under the front bumper catching on the speed bumps. This is a common problem on that model, especially if you hit the bump too fast and this will be made worse by the rear end being too high.