Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Chrysler Voyager 2.5 CRD ECU/ECM Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 02:16 AM
Default Chrysler Voyager 2.5 CRD ECU/ECM Problem!

I wonder if anyone can tell me please if what I’ve done has caused a big problem...

What has happened is a bad corrupt Re-flash of the ECU/ECM unit threw the OBD2 connector with a KWP2000+ flasher...this has or seems to have cleared or wiped the data from the ECU chip memory...this is on a Chrysler Voyager 2.5CRD year 2002...

An OBD2 fault reader does not find the ECU/ECM when plugged in either... the remote fob still opens the central locking the dash lights are on but there is nothing when trying to start the car...

Now I have a idea but might be wrong that only the Chrysler dealer workshop will be able to reload the original files to the ECU/ECM using the Diagnostic Tool Chrysler DRB III Scanner...I believe this because they use the cars VIN number to correct the engine immobiliser and other data that was original to this car from new...? And they are the only ones who have it...? to reload and repair the unit

If they are the only ones...what sought of price will i be looking at to repair it...?

Many thank for any help...

Old 01-29-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by tramline
I wonder if anyone can tell me please if what I’ve done has caused a big problem...

What has happened is a bad corrupt Re-flash of the ECU/ECM unit threw the OBD2 connector with a KWP2000+ flasher...this has or seems to have cleared or wiped the data from the ECU chip memory...this is on a Chrysler Voyager 2.5CRD year 2002...

An OBD2 fault reader does not find the ECU/ECM when plugged in either... the remote fob still opens the central locking the dash lights are on but there is nothing when trying to start the car...

Now I have a idea but might be wrong that only the Chrysler dealer workshop will be able to reload the original files to the ECU/ECM using the Diagnostic Tool Chrysler DRB III Scanner...I believe this because they use the cars VIN number to correct the engine immobiliser and other data that was original to this car from new...? And they are the only ones who have it...? to reload and repair the unit

If they are the only ones...what sought of price will i be looking at to repair it...?

Many thank for any help...
Probably only a hours labour but the DRB will need to find the ECM also to flash it, I don't hold much hope for you it's more likely you will need a new ECM.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:38 AM

Hi Merlin...
Thanks for your answer...I will pop into Chrysler and have talk with them, see what can be done...Maybe cheaper in the long run to get a exchange second hand part unit, then get them to re-flash that to my original data!!

Thanks again...

Mark