Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

code P0188 and cab heat problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Default code P0188 and cab heat problems

I just bought a 2002 T&C and I have a 1 year 12,000mile warranty on it. I have a heating issue. Code pulls P0188 Fuel Temperature Sensor B Circuit High Input.
I took it to the dealer and they replaced the thermostat. Got the Van home and started it back up today (the day after new therm) and there is the CEL back on again, throwing the same code.
the issues I have noticed so far are.
1. The CEL light on obviously,
2. My three zone temperature control in the cab only puts out really really hot air from 65° to high, but n and only on "Low" it will pull the cold air from outside the cab. but it must be on "low" to have any cooler air (I live in north central Kansas and we just got 12" of snow dumped on us so to have the heater on low because any 1° higher is too hot in the dead of winter is very strange to me.)
3. After i drove the Van home [(30min drive all interstate 70MPH) picked up the wife and kids turned around and drove back (30min drive all interstate 70MPH) and dropped the wife off at apt. drove in town 10min. stopped to have the code pulled.] i opened the radiator cap stuck my finger in the radiator fluid and it was ice cold and a little slushy.
4. no other indicator lights come on and the temperature gauge stays at the normal level at all times.
5. No steam coming from under the hood.
haven’t checked the tail pipe for white smoke just yet or if it smells sweat(sign of head gasket out) will do when wife gets back.
6. Oil bubbling next to the all three spark plugs in front of engine (cant see back 3) while engine is running. ( is this a low compression issue or another tall tell sign of a blown head gasket?)
Any help greatly appreciated cheers,