Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

crd diesel injector puller

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 06:41 AM
Default crd diesel injector puller

I need to get my hands on an injector puller for a 2002 2.5 CRD. Theres some advertised on ebay and the likes, can anyone recommend what one to buy?
Or even somewhere else to get one?
The timing belt jobs turning into a nightmare and at the end of the day, the pullers probably no more than the cost of a broken injector so the way it's going, it's probably an investment.

cheers,

Rab

Old 04-15-2010, 03:12 PM

Bought a millers tool that quotes the 2.8. Heres hoping its the same one for the 2.5.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:30 AM

Hi Rab,

It must be over a month since it broke!.....Sounds like you are still having a bit of a nightmare.

Are you doing the job yourself? Any idea of what damage has been done?

Old 04-20-2010, 10:25 AM

Lol, nothing yet. Pullers on backorder will be 27th before it's even "perhaps" posted.
It's lying at someones yard awaiting the tool (he's doing the work). We tried a slide hammer but nothing. Due to access problems, I have no confidence that other pullers will work/fit and decided to bite the bullet and buy the right one.
Until we get the cam cover off, we'll not know about the suspected damage. I SHOULD have everything needed to repair it once.
So assuming it gets here within 10 days of 27th, we're looking at early-mid may before we know for sure.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Scotsman4th
Lol, nothing yet. Pullers on backorder will be 27th before it's even "perhaps" posted.
It's lying at someones yard awaiting the tool (he's doing the work). We tried a slide hammer but nothing. Due to access problems, I have no confidence that other pullers will work/fit and decided to bite the bullet and buy the right one.
Until we get the cam cover off, we'll not know about the suspected damage. I SHOULD have everything needed to repair it once.
So assuming it gets here within 10 days of 27th, we're looking at early-mid may before we know for sure.

I don't need one at the moment (and hopefully I won't ever) but can you tell me which one you finally ordered, and when it's done, how well it did the job?

Just in case.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:52 PM

Now this my friend is why I bought the earlier model. NO CAM BELT. I have driven both the old model and numerous newer models and there is almost no difference in performance and/or smoothness (they are both tractors) but just knowing that I will never have to fart **** around with a cam belt is worth having an older car.

In fact I have just bought another. I had (still have) a Voager SE and have now bought the Grand Voyager LE 2.5TD. Both are 2000 models. I have clocked up over 30K on the old one and she has been solid as a rock and returns 40mpg on the open road religiously.

Hope you come right with your wagon.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:27 AM

I've bought the Miller tool. If (I hope) it works when it eventually gets here, i'll let you know.
As far as an older one goes, I'll probably be on the lookout for one as well for myself. Do you know if it has a bosch fuel pump or if it's able to run on Vegetable oil? (currently running a corsa on it with the plan being to get something with 7 seats at some point although probably 4 by 4).
When we bought this one, the only thing I looked at was seating and bootspace as most vehicles in the same group dont do both.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 AM

Yes the older one does have a bosch pump and runs on veg very well.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:47 PM

If I remember correctly, Rab's voyager had done 150,000 miles with no record of a cambelt change when his belt broke....pretty impressive that the belt did 3 times the mileage it is supposed to.

I'd be getting nervous about a timing chain on a car with 150,000 miles.....especially on an overhead cam engine. They are not immune from breaking!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:12 AM

Sigh.....My friend you really shouldn't comment on a subject unless you are in full possesion of the facts. Your ignorance of this matter is highlighted in two points regarding the older model to which I refer i.e. 96 - 2000

1. Reference to OHC ----- Te engine is OHV and uses hydraulic cam lifters
2. Reference to timing chain ---- engine uses gear driven cam's

The VM425 engine fitted to the series 2 Voyager did indeed use a cam chain but not the series 3. However it is entirely possible that in some markets they continued to use the older variant in the series 3 but the official Chrysler workshop manual makes no mention of this. I have completely stripped and rebuilt two VM425's from a 99 and 2000 model and if there was a chain in there is was well hidden.

With regards to someone knowingly running the gauntlet with an old cam belt, well that is just plain silly.

Quick Reply: crd diesel injector puller