Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Door Lock Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Atlantis
Thanks Alan, but how do you do that ?
Pull the release handle located above the licence plate holder.

Old 07-01-2020, 02:18 AM

I must be missing something Alan. All doors are locked, including the tailgate. Pulling the handle does nothing and there is no key lock on the tailgate.

Old 07-01-2020, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Atlantis
I must be missing something Alan. All doors are locked, including the tailgate. Pulling the handle does nothing and there is no key lock on the tailgate.
When you said "Then yesterday, the above routine failed when turning the key in the lock ( I tried both keys ). The "button" on the door pops up as if the door has been unlocked, but pulling on the handle achieves nothing." I thought that if the button on the door pops up, it may also unlock the tailgate and if so, pulling the handle on the tailgate may open it.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:53 AM

Fair conclusion Alan, and I guess I could have been clearer in my post. Although the button pops up on the door, nothing is unlocked. I did try pulling everything.......

Old 07-01-2020, 06:03 AM

Coded into the BCM Al.

See both URLs in #10

Old 07-01-2020, 10:32 AM

Got it Qinteq, but those are different problems on a different gen vehicle. I think I'm going to have to break a window to get into the car.

Old 07-01-2020, 02:05 PM

Looks like skim skreem has activated anti-theft with flat battery. Trick is to disconnect battery for 20 minutes. But you can't open bonnet. If you could ....

Try this: using the key lock then unlock the drivers door from the outside, if that don't work try the same thing on the passenger door. If that didn't work then disconnect one battery cable, turn on the headlight switch wait 30 seconds, turn off headlight switch, reconnect battery cable and recheck. Hope this works for you.

Get a new battery on it for starters. I prefer Varta F18 non AGM.

Old 07-02-2020, 02:24 AM

I can't do any of this because ( as I have described ) I cannot get into the car.........

Unless you have some ideas about how to do any of this with all doors and bonnet locked. They would be most welcome.

The Varta battery you mention is only a little better than the Bosch I have, and would get flattened by the parasitic drain just the same. Thanks for the tip though.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:30 AM

Yes in #18, I said so in #17.

Read Chrysler issue workshop manual: pictorial schematics maybe you can get in through.grill etc and save £££. Or someone to photograph theirs for you.

Best of luck. I'm outta this thread now!

Old 07-02-2020, 09:08 AM

Quick Reply: Door Lock Problem.