Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Engine dying/no acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 04:57 PM

tx for the info. Thank you so much for all of your help.Well since replacing the filter i drove arround 300km no problem...but then again the same problem.i got stuck on the road. Wouldnt start and when it did didnt react to the gas peddle. Mechanic checked it, fuel line to the Bosch pump (all ok), Bosch pump full of fuel, injectors on to cylinders are working so so, on other two nothing (no fuel coming out). He also checked the solenoid, there was power coming to it. He also took the midlle part of the solenoid out (the part with the spring). he said that without that part the engine runs untill you cut the fuel supply. That way he said he wanted to check if the problem was in the solenoid. Turns out it aint, or is it? The mechanic thinks it is the Bosch pump. Anyways im without the van for the weekend, it is at the mechanic in the other part of the country waiting tosee what to do. What do you think, could it be Bosch pump,or not? As far as engine heating up goes,while driving it is in normal position, when im stuck in town traffic or going up the hill then it goes up but not over the mark when the fan turns on. Im still loosing water, about and centimeter or two in a day or two,depends on driving (more is missing when the temperature hits the mark when the fan comes on)from what i can see by the coolant tank marks. Is it possible that i might have a leak that i can not see,i mean that coolant evaporates fast so i can not see the leak?

Old 03-21-2009, 02:51 AM

Hi
Has your mechanic run a pipe from the bosch pump into another can of fuel just to rule out any fuel line problems like I said above? Also has he checked the control valve in the top of the pump on the return union like I also posted above?

Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 AM

Hi Merlin,

Ok I will pass the info to the mechanic. From what i know he checked if the fuel freely comes to the pump and from what we have seen it did, for when he disconnected the pipe (the one taking fuel from filter to the pump) the part on the pump where the pipe is connected was full to the brim. When you say 'Has your mechanic run a pipe from the bosch pump into another can of fuel just to rule out any fuel line problems like I said above?' how should he do that? I dont know if he knows how to do that, and can you also explain how to check the control valve? You see i had to take the first mechanic that was there since i was not in a familiar town. Personally he didnt seem like he knows that much. He did all the tests i wrote about, but from what i have seen not these two. Can you pls explain howto check it? TX

Old 03-22-2009, 03:35 PM

Hi
Ok, not sure how yours is set up so don’t know if you have a lift pump in the tank as it was a petrol in the past, if so you will have to stop this running. All you have to do is run a pipe from the pump to another can of fuel and see if it will run.
The valve you just remove it and check it is not stuck open and will hold pressure.
I take it you have an older engine in it WITH a throttle cable and not fly by wire?