Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 10:54 AM
Default Exhaust Question

Hi guys i wonder if anyone has any ideas regarding my problem.
Over here in the UK we have to submit our vehicles to an annual MOT test once they are over three years old.
My trusty old 2007 2.8 CRD has just failed the test on ("fumes leaking into cab. Exhaust leak under bonnet")
I have just come back from an exhaust garage and they can't find nothing wrong with the main exhaust.
In fact it doesn't sound like its blowing at all. What I have found is a small hole in the short section of concertina pipe that comes from the diesel heater.
Any ideas? could it be a leaking turbo pipe? a leaking manifold? (but you would here that surely) or could that hole be the culprit?
I can't smell anything whilst driving and the car would be stationary for the test.
How can I force the diesel heater to come on? Can't find any switches and only once in a blue moon do I see the little indicator light illuminate for the heater?
Lastly any ideas if that pipe is even available, if not is there anything else I can use.
Love to keep my old workhorse running even if it only gets me to the firestation and back. Cheers All.

Regards Ray

Old 09-06-2021, 06:26 AM

Can you remove it, slice through the pipe where the hole is, find some steel tubing of the correct diameter and put a couple of jubilee clips round it.