Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

How hard is it to replace condenser?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Default How hard is it to replace condenser?

I have 2005 T&C Limited and driver side is blowing warm as passenger side is cold. I do believe it is the condenser leak. Is this something DIY can be done?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:54 PM

Why would you think it's a condenser leak if one side is till blowing cold? You have a problem with your blend doors or the actuators...maybe even the control head. A dash pull is not a DIY job usually.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:12 AM

I thought it was blowing one side cold, but it is warm both side. I just replaced the rear evaporator and need to pull the condenser to replace. It seems the freon has escaped since it is blowing warm and the compressor is not kicking in due to low or no pressure.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

look at the lower left hand side of the condenser if it is wet its is leaking

Old 11-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Default Condenser

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
look at the lower left hand side of the condenser if it is wet its is leaking
Well, I went to the dealer because of the AC issue, and they found out that the rear evaporator and front condenser were leaking. I had a local mechanic replace the rear evaporator and he told me the only thing leaking on the condenser was the O rings. Maybe it is not the condenser that is leaking... BTW, dealer did put the dye in and that is how they found out about the condenser and evaporator leak.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Default how to remove fascia grill

Originally Posted by Kaysvan
I have 2005 T&C Limited and driver side is blowing warm as passenger side is cold. I do believe it is the condenser leak. Is this something DIY can be done?
I have exactly the same question.

I believe the answer is here:
2002 Chrysler Town And Country Condenser Replacement

Has anybody done this recentlty? In particular: The text does not say that the front fascia grill must be detached from the bumper. Is this correct or merely assumed self-evident? If the fascia grill needs to be removed, how can I get it apart from the bumper?

Old 07-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jacob25crd
I have exactly the same question.

I believe the answer is here:
2002 Chrysler Town And Country Condenser Replacement

Has anybody done this recentlty? In particular: The text does not say that the front fascia grill must be detached from the bumper. Is this correct or merely assumed self-evident? If the fascia grill needs to be removed, how can I get it apart from the bumper?
Jacob, on just about everything we have I remove the fascia. I don't like to fight and bend things and shove my hand and forearm into tiny places. The extra 15 or so minutes pulling it off will reap BIG rewards in the frustration dept. lolz

Fascia and bumper are the same piece. Some push pins along the bottom and a screw or two behind the inner fender shield that attch it to the fender.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM

Ok thanks this is helpful.
I thought "fascia" meant only the grillle between the headllamps.
I had been tempted to remove the bumper but did not dare at the time. I will now have a new go at it.
Thanks.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:59 AM

98 Chrysler Concorde 3.2 engine AC condenser replacement instructions.

Can anyone help me

Old 05-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Default 98 Concorde 3.2 engine AC condenser replacing

AC condenses reportedly leaking and a vacuum cannot be pulled.

I have new condenser but had no instructions on the installation procedure.

Can anyone help me?

Quick Reply: How hard is it to replace condenser?