Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Issue with turn signal on 2014 T&C

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 02:59 PM
Default Issue with turn signal on 2014 T&C

I have a 2014 T&C minivan. A couple weeks ago, the front left turn signal stopped working. Figured it was just a bulb so paid to have that replaced. Seemed to work again at first, but then realized that the problem would recur. The turn signal usually works fine at first, but if I leave it on for a period - at a long traffic light, for example - the fast blinking will resume and I'll get a message on my info panel that the turn signal light is out. After a few minutes, it usually starts working again, but then quickly stops working again. Today, while trying to diagnose the issue, I noticed that while the rear signal works all the time (same side - left), when the front signal is out, the rear signal blinks fast. Really frustrating. I'm reluctant to go back to the dealership as I imagine just running diagnostics will start with a $100+ fee. Could this be a fuse issue? Or maybe an issue with the turn signal unit on the steering column? Something else?

Old 01-03-2022, 05:13 AM

It could just be a bad connection on the front bulb.

Old 01-03-2022, 01:21 PM

Could an issue with a bad front bulb connection impact also impact the rear turn signal (both on the same side)?

Also, it seems weird as it always seems to work the first time after starting the car. And while the issue is intermittent, once it stops working, I've not yet had it start working again while the turn signal is switched on (it will eventually start working again after I turn it off and wait a bit).

The bulb is obviously fine, but any input on other components to test, etc. would be helpful -- turn signal switch, bulb housing, wiring, fuses, etc. I don't have much experience with auto repairs, electrical systems, etc. but also don't have $ to pay a mechanic to do a bunch of diagnostic testing, so I'm open to any & all ideas and how-to's ;-) Thanks!

Old 01-04-2022, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Scoopwon
when the front signal is out, the rear signal blinks fast. Really frustrating.
That's to be expected when one of the bulbs is out. Your side repeater is probably doing the same.