Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

MASTER TECH needed - evaporator failed..

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Default Dash seems still solid ...

a little wobble on the right side, but overall seems 'stiff'. Is it very heavy?

Would be great if the maker of the instructions gave more on the details; i.e., when they refer to things like Remove bolts from "Dashboard frame at lower cowl" that they give a little more. To me, a cowl has always been the area in front of the dash and I'm a little lost on things like this.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Default If I get this done tomorrow, I will have saved a few bucks..

and I can go back to work.

Seems that I got the Evap/Heat/Blower unit assembled and back onto the interior firewall. I didn't spend time that I should have organizing the screws I removed. I fear some lost, and some without an apparent place to go back.

Since the instruction page still confuses me, I have to wait till morning light to continue. (Doing outside on driveway; thank God no rain!)

Today was dedicated to pulling unit, installing new core, and getting it back into dash area. Replaced wiper/cowland finished under hood till evacuation and refill.

I could do this now, but it is a bit of work. Time lost (I used to make more) vs. having someone do it is still to my advantage so far. It is a bit of work.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Default Seems to be working...

thanks to CryslerTech.

A little early to tell, cuz I still hafve a 'cup fulla screws' left on the floor. But, it's buttoned up ad car runs, and a/c blows cool. Only 2 cans so far. Just need to see if I "REALLY" have to evacuate/recycle the system??

I'm a little worried to drive it with the extra screws and nuts left over!?![&o]Also, worried that the steering wheel got turned while the dash (with it attached) got turned around. I heard about some spring/mechanismwhich could become mis-aligned.

Outside, on the driveway was very inconvenient. Ina lighted shop would have been great. Even just insidea roomy garage.

What a relief...and the saved bucks.