Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

PCM advice on 2002 T&C minivan

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

that post was made in 2008 the van was only 6 years old at that time

As for Chrysler being rude to you who did u talk to? was it some one at the dealer or from Chrysler them self in Detroit? If it was from the dealer they are not Chrysler they are only a licensed place where they sell and fix cars under warranty.

As for that How do u know u need a new pcm ne way? ANd no it is not normal for a pcm to go bad every 3 years Think logically for a few min and not let emotions make your decisions on what factors and what issues the car has. If u tell us what the codes are then we can help out a bit further. Also just because the check engine light comes on does not mean u need a PCM there are over 1500 different codes that will turn on a check engine light.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 PM

Let's get one thing straight, I'm not a child, therefore there's no need to talk to me in that tone. I am a 40 year old Military wife and mother and I do think logically. I am also a human being not a computer so I do have emotions, which we human beings are born with. The Tech was Mitchell and he was with Chrysler, not a dealer. Not once did I say "Dealer" I said "Chrysler" please re-read the post and respond accordingly instead of "assuming" which is what you did.

I know exactly what is wrong with it because it is at Chrysler right now being serviced. Do not know what codes, it's as simple as the tech put a new PCM into the car and it started right up. Prior to putting in the new PCM the car would not start at all, completely dead in lock down mode. Something with the keys and security system not communicating properly with the PCM. I am a woman, but I am far from stupid.

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
that post was made in 2008 the van was only 6 years old at that time

As for Chrysler being rude to you who did u talk to? was it some one at the dealer or from Chrysler them self in Detroit? If it was from the dealer they are not Chrysler they are only a licensed place where they sell and fix cars under warranty.

As for that How do u know u need a new pcm ne way? ANd no it is not normal for a pcm to go bad every 3 years Think logically for a few min and not let emotions make your decisions on what factors and what issues the car has. If u tell us what the codes are then we can help out a bit further. Also just because the check engine light comes on does not mean u need a PCM there are over 1500 different codes that will turn on a check engine light.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mia Harrod
Not sure how you were able to get them to cover yours, but they will NOT cover ours. We replaced our PCM in Sept of 2003, now in Sept of 2011 the PCM broke yet again!!
<<<-------- CORRECTION to last statement - Chrysler replaced our broken PCM with a brand new one in Sept of 2008 (not 2003) - then in Sept 2011 (3 years later) the PCM broke again. Car won't start at all (communications issues between modules or key) with the PCM.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

that is usually a skim key module not a pcm

Old 01-13-2012, 10:04 PM

Ok, the tech said it's not the skim key module when I mentioned that to him, how can we figure out if it's the skim key module and not the PCM? The spare key wouldn't work either, shouldn't the spare key have worked?

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
that is usually a skim key module not a pcm

Old 01-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

its not a key issue there is a module that is basically it's the alarm system for the van. When the module will not communicate with the pcm it will shut down and not allow the van to start. U will need a dealer scanner to be able to replace it and program the keys to it any way.