Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Rear VES DVD System Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bryce Turpin
I have been trying to replace the zif but my problem is I cant figure out how to take the screen down to work with it? I have one screen in back with three drop down compartment slots in my 2012 T&C any ideas?
Hello,

We're very sorry to hear of your concerns! If you are unable to receive more feedback from here, we do recommend contacting your local FCA dealer for further assistance as we primarily rely on our dealers to diagnose concerns.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

Old 01-11-2020, 08:50 AM
Default Here you go.

I have been trying to replace the zif but my problem is I cant figure out how to take the screen down to work with it? I have one screen in back with three drop down compartment slots in my 2012 T&C any ideas?
there are two plastic covers, one at the front of console and one at the rear of console. Pry those off with a plastic trim tool or a screwdriver and you will find two screws on each end to remove. Once those four screws have been removed and the wiring harness unplugged you’re free to pull console straight down.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:36 PM
Default Still got a black screen

I replaced the cable zif but the screen is still black! On the main console up front when i push turn ves on, it does nothing. What step do I take next?

Old 10-20-2021, 07:22 PM

Did you ever figure out the issue? Mine is set up the exact same way

Old 10-23-2021, 10:54 PM
Default Ribbon to be replaced

Replace the ribbon
do it yourself.
Takes 60-90 mins
YouTube/google has a video on how to take apart

Old 10-24-2021, 01:00 PM

I replaced the cable zif but the screen is still black! On the main console up front when i push turn ves on, it does nothing. What step do I take next?
There is not an easy answer to your question but here are the steps. Using radio, go into VES section and turn on each monitor. If this doesn’t work the next step is to verify 12 volts. Check the fuse for the rear power outlet, the one with the aux video and audio connections, this fuse also powers the monitors. If a blown fuse is not the problem then check all console connections, black, orange, and gray plugs and large white lever lock connector. Also, check to make sure the ribbon cable is inserted completely, silver side UP on 34 pin cable, into the ZIF connectors and that it is inserted squarely. (The ZIF connector is usually the issue, as it almost takes three hands to hold the cable while locking both latches) If, after checking your fuses and all connections and they are all correct, the next step in order of cost would be to replace the 2nd row unit with a used one. It is very rare that these units fail but it has happened. (2nd and 3rd row monitors are not interchangeable)

Best source for a used 2nd row monitor unit is Car-Part dot com. These instructions are assuming you have the dual rear monitor system. Put in year make model and in the drop down menu for "select part", select "tv screen". Put in Zip code, hit search, it will ask which part you need. Select "display screen, entertainment (roof), front". When the results come up go to top right of results page and click "Dist", this will sort by closest. Scroll down until you find one that is nearest to you with a fair price. When you call the company you have selected always politely ask if they can "do any better on the price", most of the time I get the cost of shipping knocked off by doing this.