Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

TPMS Light Comes on occasionally

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 04:55 PM
Default TPMS Light Comes on occasionally

We have an '05 T@C Touring..... the tire low pressure light will flash on the dash and the overhead warning will say, "Service Tire Pressure Monitor System"...... needed new tires I also put in for brand new TPMS's..... we inflated tires to correct pressure...BUT Still the light flashes and the warning comes on occasionally..... there is no TPMS in the spare tire...... so why is it doing this???

Old 06-18-2020, 07:11 PM

Not sure about the 05 system, my 2002 system I was getting that annoying chime and message, I replaced the sensors with the correct Schrader brand part and then had to use a magnet to tell the 'brain' where on the vehicle each sensor was located (also have to reprogram after tire rotation)
After all that, it took a few miles and smiles before everything got recognized.

So perhaps just let it have time and miles to adjust?

Please return and let us know what you did or how you fixed it. It is feedback that makes this (any) forum really work...
Cheers!

ps, the reprogram feature for the wheel sensor on my 02 is found in the overhead display menu. I activate it there, and then with a strong magnet, you go to each wheel and hold that magnet at the valve stem until the horn alerts, then move to the next wheel. if you are too slow, you'll have to start over. [driver front] [passenger front][passenger rear] [driver rear]

Old 06-19-2020, 08:18 AM

The 05 T&C does not have such a system to reprogram the TPMS...you just drive it for a few miles and it re-learns that way. There is no TPMS in the spare and I have tested all the TPMS's with my meter and found them to be working fine.....BUT the light still occasionally flashes.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:42 PM

The 05 T&C you only have to drive a few miles for it to reset itself automatically. The TPMS light still comes on randomly and no one can tell me what the issue is. I have brand new TPMS sensors that all work as I've tested them with my scanner..... If anyone has any answers to why the TMPS light comes on occasionally let me know.

Old 07-25-2020, 02:36 PM

some TPMS run off the ABS if you have different size tires that will set off the light and if you hit a bump and the tire skips (or slides in sand / dirt) that will set off the light too