Other Any other Chrysler within.

1996 Chrysler Vision, no heat from A/C?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Default 1996 Chrysler Vision, no heat from A/C?

Hi!

I bought a 1996 Chrysler Vision. My problem is that there is no heat coming from the A/C. All the radiatorhoses are warm, there are no bubbles in the expansiontank (to the radiator), the coolant have the right color and the oil looks fine. With other word, the headgaskets are not blown. The tempgauge is where it is suppose to be, inte the middle. I did also reset the AC by holding floor, mix and defroster-buttons until display flashed.

I have checked the A/C for errorcodes and there are no codes. It works fine.
A friend told me that it could be an airlock in the a/c? He told me to ask in this forum if there is a watervalve (is that the correct term?) in the cockpit, that could be failing? He asked if it was electric or wire-controlled?

Anyone here have had this problem before and knows what to do?

Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 AM

I would check to see if there are any air pockets in the system,and this is an easy way to do that.

When the car is cold turn the heat on full blast inside the car, take the radiator cap off of the radiator and start the car up in the driveway.

Let the car get up to temperature and monitor the level of the antifreeze inside the radiator to see if it drops.

if it drops add some more antifreeze in to top off the fliud level. Also DO NOT rev the car up while you're warming it up,because antifreeze will more than likely shoot out of the radiator,just be patient and let it get up to temperature on its own.

Hope this helps yah,
Tony